which takeaways are most popular

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

which takeaways are most popular

Post by mellonia »

Hi all just interested in everyones preference is chinese your thing or italian or indian

It depends for me i am never satisfied, when i get a takeaway i always wish i had something else, ie if i get an indian, i think i wish i had a chinese.

I know in todays climate they are extravagent, i hate mcdon***s and burgar ki*g.

I could eat a chinese now this minute, i could eat four meals a day three is not enough, eating is pleasurable, its amazing, i make my friends laugh when i always say its the greatest love of all, they are both a size 10 so i don't think they are that bothered.

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

I like to eat indian and italian food in the restaraunts

chinese i like as a take away!

My OH plays footy on a friday night, so he never eats before he goes, picks up a chinese on the way home!

They always say the one thing about chinese food is that your always hungrey an hour later! :oops:

stace (f+
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
chickentina
Legendary Laner

Post by chickentina »

hi

i live practically next to "take away row" we have chippy, then indian takeaway and then chinese takeaway..but have to say only use the chippy from that "strip" as one of my good friends owns two chinese takeaways and i have good discount and her food is out of this world plus the indian we use from in town is the best and does free delivery and includes free bottle of wine....

but our best has to be..........chinese xxxxx )t' )t' )t' )t'
mum to five lovely children, nine gorgeous girls, two adorable cats a bouncey border collie pup and a patient loving hubby xxxxx
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

hi (f+ (f+ (f+

i love chinese take away i dont use the local its not very nice but one i used to live near delivers so we have that.

jo\x
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

I live near a takeaway row we use the chippy but like another one we have had an indian from the one at the top of the street but have been disappointed, so try across town to get a gorgeous one.

we also have two chinese one quite near and the other even nearer but choose the furthest away.

Takeaways are nice as a treat. They are a luxury item

I quite like pizz* h*t and donim*'s although they are very expensive maybe go to them about 3 times a year.

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I love Chinese and Indian. We have two really good Indian's within a few miles, but alas no Chinese or Italian. We do have a chippy but it is awful - may as well just drink a pint of cold cooking oil! YUK :oops:

We don't often have takeaways as OH is a stingey git! sile}

Lucy X
wendy

Post by wendy »

Rarely have them, much prefer himself to take me out LOL
But It would be an Indian.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

The problem with take away food is that I actually like the chicken dishes and there aren’t many which will guarantee free range. Vegetarian take away is pretty pointless if you ask me, not nearly enough MSG (Indian Daal dishes excepted). By that reckoning it’s got to be good old fish and chips (not cod obviously), perhaps with a pot of curry sauce on the side. I do like Chinese and Indian food lots as well.
Bah Humbug
oldboy
Learner Laner

Post by oldboy »

I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'Takeaway' What about a sandwich bar or the good old English Chippy? Then there's the Full Monty English Breakfast you get at roadside cafe's. All great in there own way. If however you look for value for money, Chinese and Indian food has in fact become quite expensive and I find that when I'm on the road the best value for money takeaways can be found at laybyecafe.co.uk It's well worth a look
Cheers
)eat(
Oldboy
poodlegirl
Lively Laner

Post by poodlegirl »

Im afraid it has to be a kebab everytime ,I like chinese food (can be expensive)I like cooking my own indian food but you just cant replicate a kebab at home and that chilli sauce ooohhh im dribbling just thinking about it ! )c+
Mum to 2 teenagers,1 poodle,1cat,1 rabbit,1 hamster,fish and 6 hens .
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Fish and chips, that's all.

Ilona
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

I have to say I can make egg fried rice as good as any takeaway. I do enjoy a pancake roll(big spring roll), and our local will do it without the meat. I've gone off indian, as they overload everything with sugar. But mostly we eat out at an all you can eat chinese buffet which cooks fresh veg and seafood in front of you while you wait.
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

We might get an Indian takeaway once a fortnight/month. We may go out for one meal a month, sometimes less.

There is a local Asian Buffet near to us that is absolutely amazing. They charge £10 each person (I have to say I have always had a certain image in my head of such establishments). This restaurant has fabulous decor and seating. The food is of a high quality and there's always lots of it and best of all they serve lovely puddings (to satisfy my sweet tooth). If anyone is ever in Rotherham area I can recommend this place.

Gosh, I'm starving now. Chris is away in Ireland this week, so I am just cooking for me. I can see us ordering a takeaway Friday night! :razz:
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
ChooksAway!
Lively Laner

Post by ChooksAway! »

Can't eat Chinese food, all those unexpected exploding vegetables concealed in syrup, I have had actual nightmares about water chestnuts and beansprouts. Shudder.....

Indian for me (always have prawn these days, not chicken, since we got the girlies). And our local chippy was the runner up in the East Midlands chippy of the year competition, so you can't say fairer than that, can you??

Used to live near a Mexican takeaway that did free delivery, they were marvellous days.

CA!
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

takeaways

Post by 4 french hens »

Here in france our nearest town has a new kebab takeaway and the usual (in france) 2 pizza vans, AND NOW a pizza machine that also sells soft drinks. This is the land of bolognaise flavoured crips. (They call them chips)
Mike.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.