Bread rolls ..with a bit of a difference...

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
manda

Bread rolls ..with a bit of a difference...

Post by manda »

J and I had a bit of a baking session this evening and I thought it would be fun to make some bread rolls to go in his lunchbox for school.

I had planned on making bunnies but J decided he fancied the idea of hedgehogs…so hedgehogs it was ….I think the shape of the nose needs a bit of working on but it’s a start

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mrs B

Re: Bread rolls ..with a bit of a difference...

Post by Mrs B »

They do look great Manda, my delivery has not arrived yet.

I am not looking at any of your future cooking threads as it just makes me feel inadequate (orange toffee anyone) {cry}
manda

Post by manda »

I'm sorry Mrs B...I can't seem to find a flight that will accept hedgehogs )grin2(

Mrs B ...do you make your own bread? If not get some of those part baked rolls..pair of scissors and get snipping...I reckon that might work {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

They look lovely Manda.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

manda wrote:I'm sorry Mrs B...I can't seem to find a flight that will accept hedgehogs )grin2(

Mrs B ...do you make your own bread? If not get some of those part baked rolls..pair of scissors and get snipping...I reckon that might work {hug&kiss}

Oohhh a cheats version, I shall try that method.... no doubt I will blow up the cooker or end up cutting off a thumb
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I'm going to try and make some )t'

I've got the dough done in my bread making machine, it's just proving/rising at the moment (can't remember which).

Wonder how Manda made the hedgehoggies? Was it with some scissors?

Have seen the bunny rolls that are doing the rounds on FaceAche and they use scissors to make the ears, so maybe I'll try that :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Here you go, my attempt at some hedgehoggy buns :-D

I made the spikes with scissors, seemed to work.

You might need a bit of imagination...... {rofwl}
Bev x

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

They look great Bev )eat( Liv wants to know if you've given them all names yet? {rofwl}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Ellie..... don't tell Liv I've eaten one and a half already!! )eat( {rofwl}
Bev x

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

yike* yike*
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
manda

Post by manda »

Looking good Bev...yes I use scissors...

I let then prove for the first time...then snipped then (used nail scissors...thoroughly cleaned obviously!!) and then let them prove for the second time)

The only thing I will say is doing it that way the spikes were REALLY spikely ...I mean REALLY!!! So maybe next time I will use bigger scissors and they might not be so bad.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda