Got the pip!

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Got the pip!

Post by bmpsands »

We always get loads of brambles; we're still eating the frozen remains of last year's crop. I'm trying different ways of using them, but MiL and OH both complain about the seeds. Life is too short to pass cooked brambles through a sieve, and anyway the results are disappointing.

Does anyone out there have the answer?
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Got the pip!

Post by Annie »

Make 2 pies , 1 with apple only and the much better one with apple and blackberry and that one is ALL YOURS )eat(
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I don't mind bramble pips (though I prefer B & A to bramble alone). It's redcurrant seeds I don't like.

edited since I can't imagine eating a B&B pie
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

If you don't want to sieve them then the only way is Annie's )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I sieve for my Grandma because I think that at 93 she has earned the right to be a bit picky, everyone else has to make do with pippiness.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
manda

Post by manda »

Do you have something you could strain them through...then you could always make bramble Jelly...just leave it to strain ...does all the work for you.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny