Can't find a cast iron frying pan :(

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Can't find a cast iron frying pan :(

Post by Sunny B »

I've got a cast iron frying pan that was a wedding present. It's cracked, and, although I still use it, it leaks oil all over the cooker so I really need a replacement.

Yesterday I tried looking on the internet, but all they seem to have are griddle pans, and I don't want that!

)hlp>

Anyone know where I can get a square 29 or 30 cm plain cast iron frying pan (not enamelled)?
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: Can't find a cast iron frying pan :(

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Flat round ones aplenty. Ridged square ones aplenty. No flat square ones though {cry} Sorry.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

I find cast iron too heavy.
Have recently brought an anodised steel pan and it is fantastic. Non stick, heavy to retain heat and reasonable price. I got the Raymond Blanc by Anolon from amazeon.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
manda

Post by manda »

Have a look Here..these are round but no ridges :-D )t'

SQUARE....NO RIDGES...CAST IRON ....SKILLET )c( )c(
They don't post to NZ but they might to the UK.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

I've found tiny ones of the same brand as Manda, but in the UK (via Amazon) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lodge-Wonder-Sq ... B000809QN4 - I wonder if it is worth contacting the seller to ask if they are able to supply the larger ones?
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Manda, that is exactly the thing!

Good suggestion, LBF, I have sent a couple of emails to see if I can either get one here or what the shipping would be from America.

I'd never heard of anodised steel, but will check it out. I like cast iron because of the traces of iron you get in your food when you cook with it, even though it's heavy. I know ordinary stainless steel, once scratched, is supposed to leak nickel and cadmium, so I'm not so keen on it - although it's beter than aluminium!
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I love my cast iron fryong pans, got three, bought them years ago from argos.
We also used to use cast iron saucepans on aga when lived on farm.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

The people who make the cast iron ranges also do a frying pan,as do the well-known french company le croosay, but both pretty pricey. Sounds like they might be worth it, though.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Good news! )c( I have managed to order the one on Manda's link from a company in the UK that imports that make from the US. It will arrive in England in June!
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

yay!!
manda

Post by manda »

)c( )c( )c(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny