Last year's cider

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Last year's cider

Post by fabindia »

We have just started drinking last year's cider, having bottled it last October time.

It's quite drinkable but not as good as other years, I think due to the poor summer and general lack of sunshine. Now I am watching our apple trees for the first signs of blossom. Hopefully, after the late start to spring we'll get a red hot summer :-D
Michael
manda

Re: Last year's cider

Post by manda »

Something we've not done yet Michael....we have had a really hot summer over here so hopefully it will be the same for you all up there >fi<
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

I donated a couple of boxes of our apples to someone on the allotment who wanted to do a bulk cider-making. Apparently it is still maturing, and will be "released" for the allotmant summer party.
Looking forward to trying it.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

How lovely! I know it's not at all the same, but I have been thinking of making a kit cider. Trouble is, I can't find all the beer bottles (that I actually bought) and I know they must be at the back of the shed }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

p.penn wrote:I have been thinking of making a kit cider.

Yes, I've thought of trying a kit. Probably with a kit you get a consistent result as opposed to vagaries introduced by the British summer.
Michael