Come Dine With Me

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Come Dine With Me

Post by jemberelli »

If you were to take part in Come Dine With Me, what would your 3 course menu and theme be? I haven't decided yet but will post something when I have made my fickle mind up! :? Just thought it might be interesting to see what you lovely Laners come up with (nosy soandso I am!)
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Come Dine With Me

Post by mrs boodles »

will have to have a think about that one, i am pretty conservative in foods i like so don`t think it would too fancy.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I would probably make a light chilli prawn starter (not that I have ever made one in my life {rofwl} ), followed by a spiced leg of lamb with dauphinoise potatoes and for pudding....ah well, there I would have a problem!

Either

Apple crumble with home made vanilla or honey and ginger ice cream served with cream
or
Banoffee Pie
or
Lemon cheesecake
or
Chocolate puddings
or
Steamed jam sponge and custard......

....shall I go on? {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

Starter: Jellied eels )eat(

Main: Pie Mash and Liquor )eat(

Dessert: Treacle pudding and Custard )eat(

Washed down with a pint of Light and Bitter )t' )t'
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
manda

Post by manda »

I'd go greek...I love greek food.

Starter: Meze (so a mixed platter) of Dolmades (stuffed vine leaves). Tiropitakia and Spanakopitakia (little cheese and Spinach pies), Calamari, Fried Halloumi, Olives and Tzatziki with some nice bread as well......everyone can just take what they would like for their starter.

Main: Stifado (casserole with beef and onions), served with Orzo pasta as we're now in winter or if it was summer I'd go a slow roasted leg of lamb with greek salad.

Pudding: Well if it is summer I'd go Greek yogurt with figs and honey and in winter Loukomades (little dough puffs that you drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon).

To drink....well water on the table throughout...Amstel beer or a wine dependent on whether it's summer or winter. After maybe Ouzo or Metaxa brandy.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Manda, think I would invite myself to dinner if you were making all that, I am another one who loves greek food, would have that over curry or chinese any day.

I`m still thinking about my recipes, know what I would do for pud but other courses >dum<
manda

Post by manda »

{rofwl} ..It's food Mrs Boodles...and if it's food I've thought about it some...it's a serious business )grin2(

If you think about it the Summer one would be quite easy you'd only have to faff about with the starter - the main and pudding wouldn't take to much to do ...the winter one would be a bit more of a faff because of the pudding.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny