What do i do with Brie please ?

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Linda S
Legendary Laner

What do i do with Brie please ?

Post by Linda S »

In trescos today i got 2 pieces of brie 325grms reduced from £2 to 55p each piece so was well pleased with the bargain. :-D
The thing is iv never tried it so am asking for suggestions on how or if to cook it or whatever, I loooooove most cheese so will prob like it. >fi<
I often buy things to try when they are reduced then if im not keen i havnt wasted much money )t'
Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: What do i do with Brie please ?

Post by jemberelli »

Melted in a bacon sarnie! Yum )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Straight with crackers or cheesy biscuits
manda

Post by manda »

Needs to be at room temp if you're going to eat it with crackers or put it in a sarnie (in fact it should really be put in the fridge because you should eat it pretty soon after you've got it)..
You can cook with it as well ...makes things lovely and creamy..goes well with fruit (but then I think most cheese does).

You could stuff chicken breast with brie and if you want something like dried apricots then wrap in Proscuitto or bacon and oven bake.

You can make really scrummy filo or puff pastry parcels stuffed with Brie and walnuts or pecans and craisins or any other fruit you fancy...I like dried fruits because it gives a different texture.

You can use it with pasta or put it into a gratin.

I would have a look round on the net...think of something you like and see if there's a recipe that you use with it and Brie.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

You can also use it like camembert and cover large chunks in breadcrumbs before frying it until golden and the cheese is all oozy inside the crispy breadcrumbs. Serve with cranberry sauce )pg(

This is a great use for brie as it is almost fat and calorie free +pinn+
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
manda

Post by manda »

I have not done that with Brie...and as it's calorie free and low in fat I will now have to )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

All fab suggestions, think I might have tried most of them )pg( Or you could try a brie and grape sarnie )t'
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Some gorgeous sounding recipes there :-D but I've always thought that Brie doesn't really taste of anything :? just soft nothingness. Give me good old strong Cheddar anyday )t'
LYN
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

In Panninis with either bacon on cranberry sauce.

aishakali wrote:but I've always thought that Brie doesn't really taste of anything :? just soft nothingness.

When you eat it is it cold or does it still hold it's shape when cut?
I leave mine out in a special cheese box that doesn't let the smell of strong cheeses out so that when you cut it it is all oozy. When it is allowed to warm up the flavour & smell increase and that's when it's at it's best )eat(
Dom
Ali Woks My World
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Jemberelli wrote:Melted in a bacon sarnie! Yum )t'

Yes, I was going to say brie with bacon too, but in a warmed baguette, with cranberry sauce if you like sweet/savoury combo's. Don't need to melt it, just let the hot bacon soften it a little. Yummy!
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Brie goes really well with warm red onion relish, homemade of course, served on warm crusty bread . )eat(
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I love the simplicity of the onion relish idea. Yummy. You can also wrap some in foil, having made slits in it for slices of garlic and a herb of your choice (rosemary's nice or thyme or basil) a sprinkle of salt and a splash of white wine over, then melt it in the oven/microwave/barbie and very French-style you scoop it up with crusty bread or with veg, like a not-so-runny fondue.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Just been converted to camembert cheese by laners posting a thread about it, do I need to try brie now? will I like it.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

If you like camembert then probably - very similar, I think.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Think I will give it a try then, hubby likes it, I fancy trying the Cornish brie.