Can I freeze my glut of kale

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Can I freeze my glut of kale

Post by bmpsands »

OH and I won't eat it more than twice a week; close family, extended family, friends and neighbours have seen quite enough of it already and the season is yet young.

I've never tried, but wonder if it would survive being frozen or would it go into a mushy mess?
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Can I freeze my glut of kale

Post by lancashire lass »

manda

Post by manda »

Blanch the leave for 21/2 minutes stems for 3 and then put them in cold water for the same time.
Dry them on a towel so they're nice and dry and then put them on trays and fast freeze them...then stick them in bags.Keep for 12 months.
Better to use it in stuff but if he's not too fussy we've used it as leaves.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

I froze some last year and it was nice to grab for adding to soups and for bubble and squeak, also warmed with a little butter. I tried white cabbage too on recommendation of a neighbour but that was yeuch.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/