elderflower vodka

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
kitla
Legendary Laner

elderflower vodka

Post by kitla »

Has anyone ever tried this? http://www.wildatheartfoods.co.uk/elderflower-vodka/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I saw a recipe for a trifle made with lemon drizzle cake, cremefraiche, strawberries
and elderflower vodka. Sounds amazing but I suppose by the time the vodka was
ready I'd have to buy those tastless imported strawberries. I could make some for
next year. hmmm would there still be any left after Christmas?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: elderflower vodka

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Could you substitute the elderflower heads for elderflower cordial to get the flavour just for this year and then do it properly next year?
Dom
Ali Woks My World
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

You can buy an elderflower liqueur which I assume is grappa based. So you could make that instead as it is great in cocktails/g&t.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

ooh I didn't know you could get that Ppenn, sounds like something I need to add to
my "cupboard"! I had an elderflower presse icecream float once, it was sooo nice!
I imagine the liqueur would be great just on fruit & ice cream as a quick pud.
Anyway if we like it I'll try & make some.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant