Lemon Curd

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
julie62
Legendary Laner

Lemon Curd

Post by julie62 »

Made some yesterday - used the Hairy Bikers recipe on the bbc website. Had some for breakfast this morning and it's bloomin lovely so much better than the shop bough versions and very easy to make and a great way to use the chicken's eggs.

Also it does make you think about what you're eating when you make it yourself - I'm losing weight at the moment so watching what I eat - there's so much butter and sugar in lemon curd! Anyway I didnt put any butter on my toast this morning with the lemon curd and didn't miss it.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Lemon Curd

Post by albertajune »

Lemon curd is something that I am thinking of making. As you recommend that particular recipe, I definitely will as soon as I have looked it up as it is something that I haven't had for years.
Yes, homemade is much much better. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I rediscovered lemon curd a year or so back, when I decided to invent a lemon meringue Victoria sponge. Lemon sponge, made with juice and rind, filled with a thick layer of lemon curd, lemon butter icing and crumbled meringue. Topped with more lemon butter icing and meringue.

Omg, though I say it myself, it was fantastic! )eat(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I wish you hadn't put that up Helen. I'm on the first day of a 'watch what you eat, you're getting too fat phase' Does sound good though )w(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.