Mince Pies

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: Mince Pies

Post by kate egg »

I've just made mincemeat cake with the jar that was in the fridge, I'd been planning to make mince pies for a Christmas fuddle but then someone else said they were bringing 3 dozen, well that saved me a job but left me with the jar. It is in the oven now and smells delicious and will make a nice change. We don't have a Christmas cake as no one really likes it so this will be a substitute :-D
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

My sister had to make 550 for an event - never wants to see another one again. I guess you can have too much of a good thing. I, on the other hand, haven't had nearly enough yet......
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

I took some round to our Bulgarian neighbours to try when the family were round last Sunday. They went down so well the daughter asked if I would make some for her party yesterday. So I had to muddle up some more mincemeat (thank goodness they don't know how it should taste) which is more orangey and syrupy than the first lot which sat for weeks. So Boxing day was spent making mince pies and decorated shortbread biscuits for them.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

tosca100 wrote:I took some round to our Bulgarian neighbours to try when the family were round last Sunday. They went down so well the daughter asked if I would make some for her party yesterday. So I had to muddle up some more mincemeat (thank goodness they don't know how it should taste) which is more orangey and syrupy than the first lot which sat for weeks. So Boxing day was spent making mince pies and decorated shortbread biscuits for them.

What a lovely lady you are!!. I've just had a look at your blog and thoroughly enjoyed browsing through it with all that delicious food. )t' Glad you had a good Christmas.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

manda wrote:In my humble opinion HH ANYTHING with Amaretto is guaranteed to be delicious (one of my every Christmas prezzies is a large bottle of the wonderful stuff )x6(

I bought some for amaretto coffees after Christmas lunch...and forgot about it. I must be slipping {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com