A Culinary Secret

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
chookmike
Longlasting Laner

A Culinary Secret

Post by chookmike »

We have just returned from Cambodia - a madcap escapade based purely on a Rick Stein TV show which captured our foodie imagination.

We went to the same coastal town as in the show and basically ate and drank for two weeks. With a beer in the café at 25p and a good plate of lunch or dinner at £2.50 it is very affordable once you have re-mortgaged the house to pay for the flight....

The outstanding dish of the trip was a Tom Yum soup with the obligatory noodles and Asian greens plus slices of pre cooked pork. Simply outstanding so we asked the (Italian) owner if the chef would be kind enough to share the secret of the wonderful dish, which was £1.60.

A few minutes later a local lady came out with a sprig of lemongrass and a Knorr 'Tom Yum' stock cube! Straight 'round to the little local mini-supermarket where we cleaned them out of said cubes at 6p a go.

Worth a go if you can find them here - you can make dozens of variations and it is lovely.

Cheers
Sara

Re: A Culinary Secret

Post by Sara »

That made me giggle {rofwl} But what a good idea, I will have a look the next time i go to the asiatique supermarket here )t'
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX