Carrot and Celery Soup

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Carrot and Celery Soup

Post by Richard »

Nice video on the Horticultural Channel (Sean James Cameron).

This is Vivi whom I met when I visited his Allotment last year...

[center][youtube]mK9fdxKdduc[/youtube][/center]

Richard )eat(
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Carrot and Celery Soup

Post by albertajune »

We love soup on chilly days and it's always good to have a new recipe, As she says, so easy but so tasty. )like(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I have just scoffed a pan of home made soup, was going to save half of it for another time, but it was so delishus I couldn't stop. I have some yellow sticker veg, bought a week ago but still fine to eat. Root vegetables stay fresh longer.

My soup was made with sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, and watercress. Chop it small, boil it up with some herbs and spices, and zap it with the stick blender. Just before eating I put in three dessertspoons of plain yogurt. I am FULL now. The beauty of home made soup is that it doesn't cost much, and it hasn't got any nasties in it. At a guess mine was 5p, including the gas to cook it. :-D

Ilona
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Home made soups are so easy and as you say MQ cost effective. I like to add red lentils to mine as they add body and flavour. I am not so fussed about blitzing the whole thing although I usually blitz at least some of the soup to thicken the rest, I like the chunky bits but Mrs Spoon likes it all blitzed so that is how we normally have it.
Bah Humbug