Real peanut butter.

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Real peanut butter.

Post by Meanqueen »

I do like peanut butter, but I don't like paying shop prices for it, nor do I like what they put into it, so I make my own.

Two bags of Value salted peanuts, (£1), in the food processor and whizz till it is the right consistency. I tried washing the salt off them once but it left the taste a bit bland, now I put them on a clean tea towel, gather up the edges and shake them about, which removes some of the salt.

If you are going to do this you need to watch them. At first it looks a bit dry, but let it whizz a bit longer and the oils are released to soften it. you can add a very minute amount of oil if you like, but it's not necessary.

I hate washing up so I leave it in this bowl ad put it straight in the fridge, and dip into it. You might like to transfer it to a smaller container. Anyone else do this? Give it a try, it's lovely.

Ilona
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Real peanut butter.

Post by Gwenoakes »

Not tried, MQ. I do like peanut butter but only very, very infrequently.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Real peanut butter.

Post by Meanqueen »

Gwenoakes wrote:Not tried, MQ. I do like peanut butter but only very, very infrequently.

In that case, you wouldn't need to make so much. Perhaps a mini chopper, like the Ken wood but smaller. I don't know how long it lasts in the fridge, but I have never thrown any away. Mind you I can't resist dipping into it almost every time I open the fridge door. )eat(

Ilona