Jam

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Jam

Post by 4 french hens »

Feasted on cougette,lemon and ginger jam for breakfast today, as well as 3 boiled eggs from 4 french hens.

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Breakfast like a King Mike )t'
Nellie
Lively Laner

Post by Nellie »

The cougette, lemon and ginger jam sounds splendid and unusual.

Are you able to share the recipe?
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

recipe as requested

Post by 4 french hens »

Courgette (Marrow),Lemon and Ginger Jam

Ingredients

1.4 kg large courgettes or marrow, weighed after peeling, deseeding and chopped into 1cm chunks

1.8kg sugar

25g fresh ginger root grated

rind and juice of 2 lemons thinly peeled

rind and juice of 1 orange thinly peeled

Method (mode de emploi)

1. Place courgettes or marrow into a large bowl and sprinkle over about 450g sugar. Leave overnight.

2. place grated ginger,along with the orange and lemon rinds into a piece of muslin and tie up. Add the muslin bag to the courgettes in a large preseving pan with the orange and lemon juices.

3. Simmer for 30 minutes, add the remaining sugar and boil gently untill setting point is reached and the courgettes look transparent.

4. Remove and discard the muslin bag. Pot the hot jam into clean, warm, sterilised jars, cover with wax paper discs, set aside to cool and cover in the usual way

Serving suggestion.

Spread on toast, wrinkle your nose and discover it tastes nothing like you imagined!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
Nellie
Lively Laner

Post by Nellie »

Thank you!