Korma

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Korma

Post by fabindia »

We had homemade vegetable korma for dinner tonight.

To be honest, I find korma dishes back in UK rather insipid, they tend to be overly creamy and have that sort of artificial fluorescent yellow colour. That said, korma apparently is now the number one Indian dish in UK, more popular even than the legendary chicken tikka masala.

We used cashew nuts, homemade yogurt (from our chillie started yogurt), fresh coconut from one of our trees and a blend of spices for the base sauce and then added it to our fried vegetables and fresh pineapple.
Michael
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Korma

Post by lancashire lass »

sounds wonderful )like(

I use the packet spice mix but don't follow the other ingredients so my version is nothing like what a true Korma or even a UK Korma should be like {rofwl} The flavour of the creamy coconut mild spicey sauce goes well butternut squash, sweet potato, potato and of all things, brussel sprouts along with onion and peppers and other mixed veg - once I thought I'd defrosted some diced chicken only to find it was mixed turkey mince .... it came out a lot nicer than I expected! Oh, it's making me hungry thinking about it ....