Courgette and Stilton soup

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Post by 4 french hens »

Thought you folks might like this from

http://www.colouritgreen.co.uk/courgettestiltonsoup.htm

you could substitute any blue vein cheese if Stilton is not available.

3 courgettes

1 onion

1 medium potato

knob of butter

vegetable stock

stilton

chop the onion and potato and sweat in the butter over a low heat while you prepare the courgettes. Half and slice the courgettes and add to the pot. Cover with vegetable stock (or water and 1 tsp of swiss marigold veg boullion) and simmer until the potato is cooked and mashable. Remove from heat and blend until smooth. Now add the stilton - about a dessert spoon is plenty - but add more if you want it stronger. Crumble the cheese in and stir - it will melt into the soup. yum!

©colour it green 2007

I have no connection with colouritgreen.

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

Sounds lovely, but will try it next year as I point blank REFUSE to pay supermarket prices for courgettes when they grow like weeds in the summer months(should have frozen some). Do you still have them growing where you are?

Just out of curiosity, do you have any connection to 'Colouritgreen'?
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

You could use diced marrow instead (which is only a mature courgette )t' )

I've found that I've basically been substituting many of my courgette recipes this way! I don't think you could successfully freeze courgettes as they'll go mushy on thawing (having said that, I haven't tried to freeze them because after such a glut over the summer, I want a break before next year's crop LOL!)
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Post by 4 french hens »

Hi.

Chickenonthehill, as stated on the post no connection to colouritgreen. Courgettes freeze just fine, well be having some for sunday lunch as ours finished just a couple of weeks ago.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.