Offal - delectable or disposable?

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Yes, I agree with Misty
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

seahorse wrote:The whole idea of eating innards makes me feel sick..blurgh!

You paint such a wonderful picture of such delicacies. You nearly put me off my fertilised reproductive organ (apple) and I’m certainly not drinking my modified sweat gland secretion (milk) and as for my mouldy modified sweat gland secretion (stilton) and biscuits later on…. I think that I’ll give it a miss….. sile}
Bah Humbug
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Our summer ball had a blitz theme and therefore they put out some dishes popular at the time apparently.
Lambs heart I’ve eaten before so no problem there, spam fitters etc were all very nice but I was strangely drawn to the tripe and onions….. I will never fall for that one again; I tried three times to eat an inch square bit and ended up hiding it under the American mince (apparently an genuine wartime recipe which I shall try and get hold of as it was delicious). Tripe belongs with Brussels sprouts on the dining table of Hades.
)de: )c+ )de: )c+ )de: )de: )de: )de: )de:
Bah Humbug
wendy

Post by wendy »

When I was a child my mother used to cook tripe and onions, she simmered them in milk I think.
It always smelt so good. But yuk, yuk, yuk I just couldn't eat it. Horrible. My Dad loved it. But not the rest of us. LOL
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning