Lucas

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Lucas

Post by Spreckly »

I hope your return to work goes well, LL. A big change for you.

Lucas appears to be a most intelligent cat.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Spreckly wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 16:39 I hope your return to work goes well, LL. A big change for you.

Lucas appears to be a most intelligent cat.
)t' On the one hand, I am looking forward to going back to work but on the other hand, my line manager might expect me to do more than I can manage which worries me. For months, he has suggested on more than one occasion to take early retirement (on medical grounds) and once (before I went off sick), implied that if I couldn't do my job, to look for another even though he had no cause. The only thing I had asked for was help moving heavy stuff (stuff I used to manage in my 20s, 30s, 40s and even in my 50s but now in my 60s is too much) I have since been in contact with the Safety Officer about another matter - for years I used to run 2 safety courses for him, and during the pandemic when I was still working from home (before / during the first vaccine roll-out, as an asthmatic, I was vulnerable to Covid), he had asked me to make them as online courses. These have been so successful, he said he was looking forward to my coming back as he wanted to discuss my doing more online safety courses so perhaps there have been some discussions about some of the tasks I have been doing at work considering the length of time I've had off on sick leave?

As for Lucas - I decided to re-read the earlier posts in this thread. It would seem that some of his behaviour this year is not that unusual. Apparently he did do similar before but perhaps it has been more noticeable with my being at home more (and not working), and this summer has been hot, dry and sunny for longer.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

That's cats for you.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire