poor kitty

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
melons
Legendary Laner

poor kitty

Post by melons »

Well I've had Daisy since she was 3 weeks old, she goes to her vet once a year, for her jabs, bless, all that changed tonight :shock: she has been bringing up a few fur balls recently, nothing odd as she is long haired, though for a couple of days she has been sort of Ahum, Ahum, I've been in her throat up her nose, nothing :? tonight i get in from work early for some quality time with the hens, & she sneezes & sneezes so much that blood is being sprayed round the kitchen , the dining room, you name it, it was sprayed with it :shock: I went into panic mode, rang the vet, I went , he was a poppet as usual, nothing to be seen, gives her an anti inflammy jab & some antibiotics, keep an eye on her, this is my baby :shock: :cry:
The minute I got her home, another sneezing round, & the hugest of blades of grass flies out of her nose, it is about 5 inches long & had a bit of blood on it :shock:
I think we have the culprit :-D
I've kept it, it cost me £37.51 :-D
Poor kitty.
Cheers
mel x
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Bless her! I read of someone having a cough for years, eventually bringing up a piece of conifer clipping!!!! eeeek! (f+
Looove chucks!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh poor little Daisy.
Grass and grass seeds can cause so many problems. Hope she gets completely better now.Frightening though.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

That must have been scarey.

I wonder how many times in a pet's lifetime - we have kittens!

Take care, Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Aw bless her. Hope she begins to feel better from here on.
Will you frame the piece of grass or will you put it in a bottle? That is an awful lot of money for just one blade!
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

Oh no poor baby!!
Gees I can understand you panicking at the sight of blood being sneezed everywhere - scary!
Would you believe my cat had the same thing - they only go outside on the weekends and somehow one of the them ate some nasty type of grass with little tiny hook things on it and got it caught up his nose.

Of course I didn't see him doing this so he was just sneezing constantly and i thought oh well he might have snifffed some pollen that he was allergic to or something so waited until the next morning to take him to the vet.

The poor baby - the vet found out what was wrong and booked him in straight away to have it removed under anaesthetic!! I felt so guilty for not taking him to the emergency vet the previous night - it must have felt so sore. When we went to pick him up the vet nurse asked for help getting him out of their cage as he was being so unruly - which is MOST unlike him so it must have been VERY sore indeed.

The upshot of it is - don't be too sad about the cost even though your cat ended up curing itself - we paid quite a lot more for our episode :?
Although our cat wasn't clever enough to cure himself )j;

Hmmm maybe you could consider changing vets - I can't believe it was such a big piece and the vet didnt detect it!!!!
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

she popped out for a wee & hasn't been out since, she's quite clingy, but no worse for wear, but i have had a cat with a tumour up the nose, so that is what I was mainly paniking about, I don't care about the expence, it costs what it costs, as long as she is ok, i still have to give her the antibiotics, just in case an infection sets in.

Quite a stressie night really, we had the worlds largest firework display too, as our village has to show off, as they are manufactured here, it went on for 3/4 of an hour, i was as wild as hell, checked on the girls after it had finished, they were all absolutely fine, still in their seats from when they went to bed :-D
So I can't complain on theire behalf, thank fully :-D

Thank you for your kind words, she's my little baby.
Cheers
mel x
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

ahhh melons - thank god it was only a blade of grass, and I'm glad she's ok - bless her little petal!
Small steps lead to big changes