Kitty plays fetch

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
PetHeaven
Lively Laner

Kitty plays fetch

Post by PetHeaven »

Hello All
My little cat loves playing fetch with screwed up paper, she really likes KitKat wrappers (and thats not a joke) as the tin foil makes more of a noise. She will play for ages, I just throw it and she runs after it, brings it back and drops it at my feet. Sometimes she drops it by the dog ...and he eats it! Does anyone know if this is normal for a cat? I know siamese are capable of this, but she's just and ordinary, but very cute moggie.
When is a chicken not a chicken?....when its a battery hen!
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

All the best cats are just ordinary. Mine is absolutely useless, she's never had any interest in toys, of which she has hundreds, I always thought with kittens, you reaped the rewards of spending time with them when they are little to get a play full cat, not so, she just used to looka t us & make us feel stupid :oops:
Our old boys used to chase apples when we threw them up the garden.
Yours sounds a cutie.
Mel
Cheers
mel x
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

I used to have a cat that used to play 'fetch'. Used her toy mouse. We used to lob it in the kitchen, and off she would go, skidding on the floor, pick it up and bring it back, waiting for another throw!!!
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

Hmmm ours love to chase things like screwed up paper balls, but none have ever brought it back to us to be thrown again.
Why bother when your 'slaves' can retrieve it themselves? )b(
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Kitty plays fetch

Post by AnnaB »

Our cat plays 'fetch' with me through nonverbal communication. Each evening she calls quite insistently for me to go and 'smack' her backside with a newspaper. Her tail is in the air and she stands there waiting. If I delay I get the loud meows. I do not in ill treat pets - it came about through play. She then attacks the paper and tears it to shreds. I wonder at times if there is an alternative motive to her doing this - itchy bottom or what?
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

My sisters cat Morris used to do that LOL, he was very embaressing when visitors came round, & he'd do it in front of them wanting his bottom to be spanked :oops: :shock: tail right up, back legs up poker straight, front two laid out on the carpet in front of him, used to make us laugh (f+
Cheers
mel x
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Our cat Cerys has an aversion to foil since I dropped a roll of it on her whilst fighting with a pack up. Everytime she hears the familiar crinkling sound , she makes a dash for the stairs.wuss. )j;
Last week , she made a great deal of fuss over a dried pea (ex freezer) and played with it until lost under furniture...little things.... (f+
Looove chucks!
Jodi
Lively Laner

Post by Jodi »

Mine would never bring stuff back, but would love to chase.

She had a real thing for the christmas tree though - for years I'd get home from work and the christmas tree would be gutted, and the cat and two dogs would be sitting in amongst the mess looking very guilty!

She's a bit old now and I'm her toy these days - she'll sit with me each night and grab me, pretend to bite then get me to groom her - I'd draw the line at the spanking though :shock:

cheers
Jdoi
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

If my cats want their bottoms smacked they've never told me about it!
One of mine is scared of the sound of plastic bags being crinkled, but I'm really stumped as to why!
I am sure he wasn't always scared of it - but nothing's happened to cause it.
I'm worried he got stuck in one when I was out or something, although I always try and put them away for that reason.
heebiejeebie
Lively Laner

Post by heebiejeebie »

One of mine has a favourite toy that he carries around with him (everywhere - bed, water, food, litter.... yuk). It's a blue mouse and when it got too disgusting I replaced it with a brown one. That got ignored completely. I got another blue one and... bingo!

Another likes to chase the foam darts from a dart gun. He comes and "asks" to play by meowing and running up and down the stairs.

All the rest are far to cool to play.
There's no cure for stupidity.
ForestWalker
Learner Laner

Post by ForestWalker »

I'm so glad my cat isn't the only strange one! She loves having her bottom smacked, and I thought there was something wrong with her at first.

she doesn't play fetch though, she prefers playign catch. She'll get hold of one of my bobbles, tossit up in the air and catch it again, and do that for hours. Its great to wacth her!
Johnhson
Site Admin

Post by Johnhson »

My late great Mr Cigs (pronounced Kigs - short for Caligula) used to love playing fetch.

The latest arrival is a bit of a perve - he's got a thing for ladies going to the loo. If I go, it's ignored but if my wife goes he runs upstairs and butts the door open. Then he begs and rolls over to have his tum tickled. When the sprog visited he was just the same, she tinkles and in he rushes.

Weird creature :)
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Ours sneaks into the bathroom with me and plays with the light switch cord, which he can just reach.
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

My nephews dog when she was a puppy used to sleep in his pants when they were round his ankles while on the loo, bless (f+
Cheers
mel x
paxo
Lively Laner

Post by paxo »

my cat comes for walks when i take the dogs out then when we get to the fields she plays hide and seek with them lol People that see me are astounded to see it especially when the ferrets come to hehehe