Rehoming animals

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

We still have dog licences on the island, and though there are a lot of dogs ( even more cats without tails) you dont see them wandering the streets. The cat sanctuary has all sorts of other animals too. They dont rehome but let the animals live to their natural end comfortably. They did have a tarantula :shock: (f+ . These critters are usually from places where the owners have to move and arent allowed pets :cry: .
Looove chucks!
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Hi Jo I've sent you a PM with Maria's details for you, I'm fairly sure she is at home today.
Mel
Cheers
mel x
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

you don't have dog licensing? wow!
we have but there's still some people letting their (not very friendly) dogs roam the streets :?
yes it'd be nice if animals weren't sold in pet shops here too - i dont know how true it is but they say people are actually breeding animals to seel - and that's horrible considering how many unwanted kittens and puppies there are who may end up put down :cry:
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Speaking of unwanted animals - there's an "entire" tom living in our street (the owners already have 2 other - presumably neutered females as they've never been pregnant), but they won't neuter him!!!!

I've put a couple of notes on his collar saying "please neuter me", but to no avail - he's over 1 now and a bit of a terrorist - is there anything else I can do?? I don't want to actually confront the lady in our street though!!!
Small steps lead to big changes
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

cant you kidnap him and have him done???? :oops:
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

gee that's annoying, have your female pets done but not the male so any resulting babies arent your problem )de: and the op for males is cheaper and simpler .......
anyhoo, sorry i dont really have any suggestions for you - although the kidnapping is a good idea )t'
wendy

Post by wendy »

I like the idea of kidnapping and getting him done. It will cost you. But will stop him becoming a fighter and really blighting his life as well as yours. I wonder what they could do you for under the law, if you were caught :?
When we last had dog licenses they were 37 1/2p. The only people who bought them were the responsible owners, so there was still the same problems. Educate the children on responsible animal care be it a dog or a chicken. They will educate the parents if need be.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I don't think the law would be on your side over the kidnap. Could lead to all sorts of things.

I would tend to go to the RSCPA. Should the family be of 'reduced income', they would probably do it for nothing.

Totally irresponsible of people isn't it.

The problem then moves on to the Rescue Centre.

You could say you thought it was a stray and want to take him on - but again, dodgy ground I think.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

I had hatched a massive plan to steal a cat near me, & keep it I should add, it was a Persian & was just having litter after litter of kittens, they were selling them at £20 a kitten, the mother's hair was like matted carpet, in a disgracful condition, & I mean matted, the next stage was her skin tearing :cry: but they eventually got her done, only because every tom cat in the area was peeing in their house, that was the only reason )gr: I haven't seen her around for years, so I don't know how she is now, & I don't want to either, it was very upsetting. But I would have kept her too, people like that, why get a fluffy cat? if you can't be bothered to brush it out once a day.
So as usual, I'm on the militant side, nick it, get it fixed (cats protection league would probably pay for it). Tom cats are really suseptable to life threating infections through fighting, & they wander off too, it might just have wandered off.... who knows ((w
Cheers
mel x
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Thanks everyone

He was such a sweet boy when he was younger, but he's terrorising my 2 neutered boys a bit (he doesn't bother my 2 girls - obviously neutered). He's also taken to coming into the garden and staring at the chickens - and I mean staring! yike*

I know they're not low income earners as they both work and live in a 4 bed detached......I know they love animals too because they have 3 cats and a dog!!! So very odd??

I'd like to kidnap him, but he has a collar - I might go for one more note on his collar (threatening the RSPCA), and then take it from there..........

He looks so butch now and I'm sure he must be frustrated when he can't find a bit of totty!!!! )c(
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

We had a ferel ginger Tom living in the Barn opposite for a few years.

I used to feed him and in return, he'd never go near the chickens and that was when they were out all day.

He left our cats alone. He'd never let us touch him - about 5 feet away was the closest we'd get.

The only time I held him was after I got the RSPCA to capture him because he had a really deep cut on his neck.
The Vet had to put him down and I literally cried my eyes out bringing him home.

He's buried under the tree by the barn, exactly where he sat to wait for his breakfast!

These bloomin cats and things - they get the better of you don't they!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Poor little ginger tom Richard!!

Do you think I'm wrong if I post an anonymous letter through their door with a certain cat rescue centre logo on saying the following:

Please would you be so kind as to neuter your ginger tom.
He is a lovely friendly cat, but his territory is increasing, he is spraying in more areas, and has started to become more aggressive to other cats.

I’m sure you wouldn’t want him to develop an abscess due to fighting, or be hit by a car because of his wandering.

I’m sure all rescue organisations would appreciate you neutering your tom, which will help in reducing the amount of unwanted kittens in this country.

Please act responsibly for the safety of your cat, and the happiness of all concerned

Thank you

I have called Cats Protection (c) and they won't give me a neutering voucher which I can anonymously post through their door.

I actually had a dream about the cat - dreamt I "kidnapped" him and took him to the vets to be done, and that his name was Percy!!! There were lots of other notes attached to his collar also!!
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

I actually had a dream about the cat - dreamt I "kidnapped" him and took him to the vets to be done, and that his name was Percy!!! There were lots of other notes attached to his collar also!!

:oops: :oops:
sorry was that my fault
Cheers
mel x
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Gosh Mel - it was extremely spooky reading that post with your name against it!!!
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

Richard what a lovely, but a bit sad, story! You certainly would have made that tom's life a lot better than it would have been (f+