Indiana, my African Grey Parrot

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
wendy

Indiana, my African Grey Parrot

Post by wendy »

Hi Folks.
I was trying the new camera before going,out in the cold. So took a photo of Indiana, one my African Grey Parrots sitting on her tree.
She is the most sweetest bird, talks for England does tricks. But only loves her Mum and would cheerfully take a lump out of someone else trying to pick her up. LOL
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Good girl & why would she want anyone else but mummy )t'

A guy I work with brings in his Macaw & Cockatoo for the bird handling class, they are beautiful birds, but he says they are just such high maintanence & quite demanding, he loves them dearly & they seem to enjoy coming in, the Cockatoo loves it especially, & really shows off, they are both rescue birds......again (rolls eyes)
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yes, I would never recommend a parrot as a pet. They really are high maintenance as you say. They need to be kept amused and out of their cages as much as possible. Like having a perpetual 4 year old they say. They also reckon that Cockatoos are the worse of the lot for attention seeking !
Indiana is very good and as soon as I come in I open her cage. Coco really has to be watched otherwise everything in sight would be chewed, window frames, ledges, picture frames electrical wires. So she is only out when I can be in the lounge with her. Which is about 3 or so hours hours a day.
Indiana I have had since she was 16 weeks, Coco is a rescue and I got her when she was 14 and have had her 3 years.
Wendy

chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

...and a gain Wendy... (previous post) wht a cutey. A lovely looking bird.
My father in law has tried a few times with a cockatiel but one he took back because he didn't like him confused> and the replacement was found dead )de: whether from draught or as I've read here...maybe boredom.....terrrible shame. He now has fish so that's ok.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Which one didn't like which?
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

Good point Mo! The F in L decided that the bird " didn't do anything" so swapped it for another one at the shop :shock:
but, yeah the bird probably didn't like his surroundings...
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh Dear.
Another throw away pet. Poor little bird. My son has 4 cockatiels and they are the most funny delightful little things.
What was your F in L expecting Tap dancing LOL
Wendy

chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

To be honest I don't know what he wanted! He loves animals confused> but I don't think he really knows what to 'do' if you see what I mean. I think patience is an issue. He's not well so 'times ticking'. That's all I could think it was. Bunsta Bunny belonged to him initially. He's smashing and a kind man , just maybe not got that- something. The fish have the biggest and best tank. The Bunnies had a huge house and run. It is odd Wendy. It really is.