Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
charlwood1005
Lively Laner

These are our current pets

Post by charlwood1005 »

Our retired ex-racing rescued dogs.

Marlene (yummy chicken!!!)
Photobucket
Arthur as soft as melted butter, chief cuddle monster, never raced as too gentle and will not chase.
Photobucket
Terry -(Galgo - Spanish Greyhound) our foster dog, we are caring him for him until his forever home is found. Oh! Ole Senor
Photobucket
and our lovely Boycie who sadly died at the begining of this year and we miss so much.
Photobucket
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

What beautiful dogs - i especaily love Arthur, absolutley(sp?) fab photo!

I have a springer spaniel we got her from a re-homing centre, wouldn't be without her
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Oh bless you, now those make me melt, I love love love greyhounds, what a fab photo of Arthur, well all of them really but Arthurs pic is so cute.

When i worked in an animal sanctuary years ago, the greyhounds always got such a bum deal, no one ever wanted them thinking they need walking for miles on end..wrong!

My neighbours have just got themselves a new one, he has to get up at 4 am every morning to walk her, as she is so terrified of everything, she went to another home before them a perfectly happy dog, came back traumatised, now they are picking up the pieces :cry: they are lovely people.
Cheers
mel x
charlwood1005
Lively Laner

Post by charlwood1005 »

Greyhounds are such easy dogs. Sleep at least 20 hours a day, like a walk unless raining heavily. Some can live with cats and hopefully with hens, but we will be taking the hen introduction slowly with great care until we are 100% sure there will be no chasing or harassing.
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

I can not pretend to know anything about greyhounds but as i have a springer and they can be quite scatty i was/am worried about my chooks and Jazz (the dog) getting along, however the chooks seem very interested in her and run up to the wire when jazz goes up to the run but...my little baldie who is getting bullied by the other 2 has charged up to the wire and started pecking madly and jazz!
The dog gets put in her place by the cat and now one of the chooks!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

They're lovely photo's.
I know someone who has two and they're both 'anybodies', very docile and.........lazy !!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Karen
Lively Laner

Post by Karen »

Beautiful dogs !!
I have wanted a Greyhound for so long!! Sometime in the future I plan on taking on a rescue, need to get settled first. I am a canine photographer so I am always surrounded by dogs!! I am owned by a German Shepherd who I love to bits.
Speckledhen
Lively Laner

Post by Speckledhen »

I shouldn't really be saying this, but I'm at work now and she's at home so I'm safe, but I love Greyhounds and have wanted one for years, but ended up getting a Springer Spaniel a couple of years ago. I don't think you could get a breed that's more different! I do love my Beth though, but have warned my husband that I'm choosing the next dog (and it will be a Greyhound).

Karen - what a dream job! Have you got a website of your work that we can all have a look at?

Michele
In a perfect world every dog would have a home, and every home would have a dog - Anon.
Karen
Lively Laner

Post by Karen »

Speckledhen wrote:
Karen - what a dream job! Have you got a website of your work that we can all have a look at?

Michele

I know, I love it :-D We all seem to love Greyhounds !!
If its not ok to post a link please remove.

www.kjacksonphotography.co.uk
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

Amazing!! What a fab photographer you are! Impressed!
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

I second that, amazing photos. )chu:
Speckledhen
Lively Laner

Post by Speckledhen »

Wow Karen, you should be very proud of yourself!! What wonderful photos and dogs (especially those Huskies!) Is the black and tan Shepherd at the top of the page your one?

I will have to show my husband your website as he is keen to get into photography (although more on the horsy side). He'll probably slink away into a corner when he sees your photos though LOL

Michele
In a perfect world every dog would have a home, and every home would have a dog - Anon.
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Wow wee karen, thats a talent you kept secret, photography is a total mystery to me.
Well done you & well done Charlwood1005.
Makes me want a pooch, but I think I've pushed my luck too far this year :oops:
Cheers
mel x
Karen
Lively Laner

Post by Karen »

Thanks all :-D Yes the black and tan GSD is mine (although he would argue that I am his)
Sorry for hijacking your thread Charlwood :oops:
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Lovely dogs Charlwood. I wanted a Greyhound when our previous dog was pts. We ended up with a Staffie :shock: . She is gorgeous though and as soft as anything, in fact you may have read elsewhere on a thread that the chickens attack her and all she does is just lay down and wait to be rescued by moir lol

Karen those photographs are amazing. Just love the black and white German Shepherd one, also the little Jack Russell puppy. You are indeed one talented lady.