Lively Laner

Big Ron and Magic

Post by ged »

:)
Hi Sharon,
Very good pics!Well spotted.
atb
ged )t'
'Ask not what can your Country do for you,rather,What can you do for your Country'
John F Kennedy
Service before self,
Strength and honour.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Gees, how big? That giner cat is enormous! :shock:
On a serious note though, why do owners let their animals become so grossly overweight?
We have a 5 year old Staffie bitch who has had 'the' op and does tend to put weight on. I monitor her weight and if her waist is disappearing a little I cut down on her daily food ration. Not by a lot, but just enough for her to come back trim again and it works. Cant say she notices much and she remains much healthier for it.
The cats I do exactly the same with their food.
Sorry for the little rant, but I can never understand why, when it is so easy to do, more owners dont do it.
All I need now is an owner for me to monitor my food intake and we would be one healthy household )j;
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

True Gwenoakes. Some of these were just large sizes though rather than fat. You could say the same about parents letting their children get huge too. Same side of the coin. You take responsibilty for those that can't such as animals and kiddywinks. I get very cross too when I see a dog puffing away trying to keep up with its owner...
That cow though....phew!!!!
Chucky Egg
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

OMG - that COW!!!!! :shock:

I've seen the ginger cat in my cat mag - with a before and after pic - thank god he's thin now!
Small steps lead to big changes
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

BTW Gwenoakes - it's easier for us to do it for our pets - wish someone was able to monitor my wine intake without me noticing, or me saying "OI - NO!!"

I'm not an alcoholic - HONEST! )grin2( ^b: ^b: (that's my excuse!!!)
Small steps lead to big changes
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

hahahahaha Morph hic , hic , hic we believe you hic
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

i think with family concerns that there is too many either sitting behind either sort of screen wether it be the t v or the pc and so much lack of excercise these days, i yesterday had a slow walk for me makes a change it took me 2 hours to walk 9 k.ms all through country lanes and saw cows, sheep , etc to all i said hello to , mad me never im just practising! hahahahah, it was nice , as being on the road more often than not and only really venturing out into the garden and i also saw a owerweight sheep and no it wasnt in the family way it was just big, so i now have my doubts do these farmers sit there aminals down in front of pc/tv?