Struggling a bit with Lily the cat

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Struggling a bit with Lily the cat

Post by MissEllie »

Thanks June although today I've had to clean up vomit and pee (on the living room carpet) so not a great day but she seems ok now.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Glad she is still comfortable, been thinking about her too {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Thanks sandy.
)ot: how's your uncle doing?
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

{hug} Love and Healing thoughts for you and Lily {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh Miss Ellie, he has discharged himself 6 weeks before they wanted to let him go. We have to accept it as he was throwing things at the nurses. Just feel sorry for my aunty though nurses are coming in every day! Thanks for asking. Hope Lily is snuggling up with you tonight {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

sandy wrote:Oh Miss Ellie, he has discharged himself 6 weeks before they wanted to let him go. We have to accept it as he was throwing things at the nurses. Just feel sorry for my aunty though nurses are coming in every day! Thanks for asking. Hope Lily is snuggling up with you tonight {hug}

That must be a worry for you all sandy, especially his wife, maybe he'll get on better at home :? As a nurse I've dodged a few cups and hairbrushes in my time! Hope he continues to improve {hug}
Woody Allen
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Hello,
I can empathise with you in your situation,I have 2 Persian sisters who are 17 years of age,both incontinent all the time eat+++,one has bad rheumatism,yes why do I still keep them? I don't know really other than they are still enjoying(I think )a reasonable life,we will know when to make the decision once they go off their food and drink,then it
is the time to say goodbye, and thank you for your love and devotion.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Thanks urbanchicks, sounds like you're in the same situation with your lovely girls. Here's hoping they all get to enjoy life with us for a wee bit longer yet (even though the constant cleaning up of pee is a challenge)
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Ellie and UrbanChicks, big {hug} {hug} to you both.

A dear friend of mine also has a very elderly cat and I do worry about her because it's just her and the cat (Bridget) and she'll be devastated when the time comes.

I've never had a cat, being allergic to them.

My last doggy, dear Hobi, was an elderly gentleman. It's so difficult isn't it. I remember trying everything to help him. In the end he couldn't safely get up and down the stairs and he was a big boy (german shepherd/husky/collie x) I had to carry him up and down. Then eventually his back legs just went and I knew it was time {cry} {cry}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Been thinking about Lily today while in with my last chance saloon hen. I had a good talk to myself, I did know when when my 2 cats and my hen Alice had had enough(you know about my Bouncie) I still hated making the choice but thinking about it really hard when you know they are not having any sort of life it is a relief in a way as you can stop their misery if not yours for having to make the choice. But your Lily is enjoying her twilight years for now {hug} Hope you didn't get any black eyes from any patients!

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Another one here that has been thinking about Lily and of course you, Miss Ellie. I do hope you are both OK.
pepi
Longlasting Laner

Post by pepi »

I guess this is the big drawback with pets - we love them so much and then when they age its so hard to look at their quality of life objectively. {hug} to you Miss Ellie, and wishing you strength to know when the time has come for Lily.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Thanks again everyone, she's still plodding along but she's due back at the vets next week so will have another chat about her then.
On the up side, no vomit, poo or pee to clear up for the last 5 days )c(
Woody Allen
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

That really good news for both her and you. )t'

Will look forward to the update after vet visit and in the meantime keep everything crossed. {hug}
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

What a game old lady she is. Animals could teach us a few things {hug}
LYN