Need advice............again!!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Need advice............again!!

Post by Gwenoakes »

Another uneventful night, Clare stayed up yet again, but she managed to get hold of some other food that we bliddy well dropped yesterday and has had really bad squits again. We had a mouse in the house this a.m. and she bliddy caught it and eat it.....so waiting for more squits.

We are not walking her and the hydro has been cancelled for now. Have another appt at the local vets on Tues and she will be weighed to see if any improvement or not. She seems pretty alert and has played with Grandaughter yesterday, under strict supervision of course, just throwing ball for her to fetch, so she is feeling slightly better. She instigated the play not Grandaughter.

We will have a word with the vet as we have talked about her not having the other op unless it is absolutely necessary and life threatening, will see what they say.

This has ruined all her training, her quality of life and the very least our quality of life as well not to mention the unending worry we have had. We have had to stop nearly all interaction with Bella our Staffie for fear of what she could/would do when not well too. It is going to be one long hard road to correct all this if she makes it and I am not even sure that we will be able to either. Will need your help even more for training Wendy if we get that far.
wendy

Post by wendy »

You need to get her well first, Gwen.
That fact she caught the mouse and played ball, shows she has some energy so that is a good sign.
I wouldn't operate either unless absolutely necessary .
Lets hope she has put on a little weight.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

A little update. Lexi is holding her own at the moment and the food that the vet has recommended has now come and she is eating it. She has not been sick taking the new pills and is still on the lowered dose of steroids.

She is back at our local vets tomorrow to be weighed, not sure if she has gained or lost weight tbh, sometimes you are too close to the trees to see the wood.

Thanks guys. {hug}
wendy

Post by wendy »

>fi< Let us know.

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Very sad news. Lexi was pts Sat at 12 noon, we were both with her and it was very peaceful. Clare made the decision and I backed her 110%. We are totally devastated to say the least.

She deteriorated, had explosive squits, the new pills were not working and her quality of life was diminishing before our eyes, which is difficult to see when you are with an animal constantly, but we stood back asked ourselves what she was doing a week or so ago and then what she wasnt doing by Sat and there was a massive difference.

I spoke to the vet in Herts during last week to see if we could get away with not operating to remove ovary remnants and sort the uterine stump out and it was an emphatic no. If she didnt have the op she would run the risk of being in season, cancer and/or pyo of the stump, so it would have to have been done, but we needed her well for that.

We are having a PM on her at Cambridge (Herts vet recommended them) as we need to know what went so dreadfully wrong in such a young dog, she will then be cremated and her ashes returned to Clare. This could take some weeks to get all the information in, so this is not going to end yet.

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts, guys. It has been very much appreciated. XX
wendy

Post by wendy »

{hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

{hug} {hug} {hug}
LYN
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks guys. {hug}
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Oh I am so sorry Gwen {cry}

{hug} {hug} {hug}
Lyn
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I am so sorry {hug} {hug} {hug}
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Truly saddened to read your news. {hug}
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks guys. XX

I can honestly say I have never missed an animal so much. We put so much time, thought, energy and running around to vets that she has left an enormous hole which I doubt we can ever fill. Throughout all this her temperament only ever faultered on the odd occasion when she snapped at Bella or growled at one of us, including her very best friend, our Grandaughter Chloe. If only we could have found something to make her better she would have been THE most fantastic dog ever.

Sadly she was only lent to us and it was not to be that we would have her long. RIP, Lexi, we miss you.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

You were honoured to have such a beautiful dog, even for a short time {hug} {hug} {hug}
LYN
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

aishakali wrote:You were honoured to have such a beautiful dog, even for a short time {hug} {hug} {hug}

We think so too.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Gwen im so sorry to hear of you and Clares heartbreaking loss of your beautiful Lexi, she was a lucky girl to have chosen you to love and care for her. {hug}
Its always so upsetting to loose any of our precious pets but I think we somehow feel even worse if thats at all possible to loose one at such a young age.
Our Tia was only just over 2 yrs old when she died of kidney failure and we too were devastated.
Thankyou for your concern over our Fox he is having some bute to ease his arthritis,he is 18 on sunday so we have got a cake to celebrate his special day and he loves his treats :-D
Please give my regards and condolances to Clare, and accept my Loving Healing thoughts for you both {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx