Need advice............again!!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Need advice............again!!

Post by Gwenoakes »

Have had a reply from RCVS and they cant do anyting as they say it is 'potentially negligence'.

Went to see a solicitor for a free half hour yesterday p.m. and they say it is negligence, they will/can act for us but, he thinks I could go it alone and therefore save the risk that if we lose we wont have to pay all the fees. Have discussed this with Clare and like she says, if we do nothing we will get nothing so we may as well carry it through to the bitter end and if we get nothing/nowhere then at least we are no worse off and I agree. They need to know that not all owners will walk away at the first hurdle and the further we go we are hoping it will stay in the vets mind never, ever, to do this again.

Have to go through the paperwork again from a different angle this time which could take a week or two, but in a strange way I feel a big sense of relief, not sure if its because everything is coming to a conclusion or the fact that the solicitor agrees with me tbh.

So once again guys wish us luck and keep everything crossed, pretty please.
Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

I hadn't read this thread til now and have just done so from the beginning.

Sending you {hug} {hug} and absolutely masses of encouragement )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

...and the same from me Gwen {hug} {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks, Scrambled and Jem, muchly appreciated. {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Well, paperwork sorted and delivered yesterday for the vets insurance company to go through.

We were both amazed at how much money we had spent on travelling and all the other things, really mind boggling when added up and that is only the area where we can qualify everything. There are more things that we cannot qualify, but so be it.

Have asked them to look at the negligence side too.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Things are still going through with the VDS and they are now at the point of contacting the other vets that have been involved with Lexi. We had to go through all the paperwork yet again to claim anything back and found even more proof of what Clare had spent, so the amount is much higher than originally.

They seemed to have a problem with the 'negligence', so I quoted the Oxford Dictionary, hopefully that should ease their predicament somewhat. We will wait and see.

On another note, Clare felt the time was right to scatter Lexi's ashes, it was on one of her favourite walks and now a few weeks later they are still there and I think, maybe wrongly, that they will disperse when everything is sorted with the VDS, just got that feeling if you know what I mean.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

{hug} {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

The VDS has offered a very small monetary amount considering what we have spent and have not admitted negligence by the vet.
Clare and I have agreed to accept this amount and by signing/agreeing we cannot ever go back to it, even if more proof is found. I have no more fight in me tbh and have come to the conclusion that you cannot beat the 'establishment'. When you have vets investigating vets then you have your back against the wall from the start. They have given only part of the loss of wages as a 'goodwill' gesture that Clare had even though we got a letter from her employer........they are saying it doesnt say what the time off was for, or words to that effect!!
They have twisted and turned every which way they could, asking for details/info then when received asking for more and more and more. They say Lexi's condition re the HD and IBD is either environment or breed line, both of which are totally untrue. We KNOW vets are now thinking towards systemic infections which the pyo was, leads to IBD and consequently HD, but unfortunately cannot prove it.
I am pleased in some ways we carried this through to present conclusion, but am absolutely gutted by the outcome and the fact I cannot go through anymore.
As a footnote Lexi's ashes have now finally dispersed. Sorry Lexi we couldnt take anymore, but you can now RIP. {cry}
manda

Post by manda »

{hug} {hug&kiss} {hug} {hug&kiss} {hug} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oh Gwen {cry} Not the outcome you had hoped for but at least now it is over {hug} {hug} {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks Manda and Jem. {hug}'s appreciated.