Need advice............again!!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Need advice............again!!

Post by MissEllie »

I missed this too Gwen, {cry} I'm so sorry to read about Lexi, it must have been a really difficult time for you all. RIP beautiful girl. {hug}
Glad to hear Bella 's doing well. {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thank you, Miss Ellie. I am still ploughing through the paperwork for her, it is slowly coming together now, which is a relief to be honest.

Although we are still emotional about it, it is not quite so hard now. I do still find that some days I can work on it and some I cant though, so I just go with the flow.

Bella is fine as far as we know. We did put her on Glucosimine some weeks ago and then I heard/read that that could increase appetite and thirst, so stopped the pills and she stopped drinking and eating so much. I had forgotten that some years ago Terry and I took Glucosomine and it made us feel very sick, so poss the pills didnt agree with her, we will wait and see.

Jack, Clares Shire is getting a bit grumpy, although not showing any signs of lameness. We think its the cold weather poss affecting his arthritis, but are loathe to give him Bute (pain killer) because of his history of gastric ulcers, so have put him on micronised linseed to see if that makes any difference. We have something else we can try if this doesnt help, so will watch, wait and see..........again.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Gwen we give ours linseed its good for thier skin and coats I didnt know it was good for the joints too.
We have been paying about £8.50 I think it is for 2kg in a plastic bag, i cant remember the make.

Anyhow we have ordered a sack of the same stuff for £20 quid or so, i was cheeky and saw some being delivered for a girl who works at our feed merchant and asked her about it.
Its the same as we get but in a clear plain plastic sack, nothing fancy or big name I dont think, but a heck of a saving.

Our bloke has ordered us a bag but they only get deliveries from the company every few weeks so we're waiting for it coming, if you want i will give you the name when i know it and you could look into it.
It might be suitable for Jack and save you a bit of cash too )t

Glad Bella is well too :-D 'Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Need advice............again!! Updated

Post by Gwenoakes »

Have finally started the ball rolling today re Lexi and the incomplete spaying.

Have wrote the first letter to the original vets and asked that they reply and answer all questions fully within 14 days of date on letter. Will send it by Recorded Delivery tomorrow and then wait.

Not sure what to expect but according to the RCVS it is the way to go, so we will see.

Not sure anyone will remember the hassle we have had and sorry for bringing it all up yet again...........
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Need advice - UPDATE 02/04/14

Post by Gwenoakes »

Well, letter didnt go till 31st, but they received it at 10.44 a.m. and got a signature yesterday. Finally decided to send it by special post to get there before 1p.m. and gave them 21 days to reply in writing.

Have had a reaction, not a written one as I requested, but wont put anymore on here as yet.

Keep your fingers crossed for a quick resolution, pretty please. I need some hugs as feeling quite raw and emotional .......... again!

Oh, shoot wanted to put an update on the first liner of first page and somehow now managed it...........
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

{hug} {hug} Keep your chin up lovely, thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed >fi<
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
wendy

Post by wendy »

The ball is now rolling. I hope you have a definite outcome and it is the one you want.
You are all in my thoughts. >fi<
{hug} {hug} {hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Gwen hope all goes ok {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks, Jem, Wendy and Mrs B, very much appreciated. Have some {hug} {hug} {hug} back for being so nice, it really means a lot to me. {hug&kiss}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Have had a reply on Sat, which was quicker than I thought it would be, but not impressed with it tbh. They have answered the questions, mentioned other things that I put in the letter, but not admitted liability as such, but that depends on which way you read it, or maybe I am too close to it to be logical.......I dont know.....

Am going to gather myself, take some time and do some more reading and then decide what to do from here.

If anyone would like to help perhaps you could PM me, dont want to put on open forum, and give me your thoughts. Thanks. XX
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Gwen, I don't know what to say - I've been so wrapped up in my mess that I completely missed yours. I am so so sorry {hug} {hug} {hug}
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I will have you know yours was a very urgent, important mess, Willow so no need to apologise really. {hug} {hug} {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Just a quick update.

All paperwork done and in one large envelope on my kitchen table ready for posting tomorrow morning to RCVS and should have a response within 10 days, although may be a little longer allowing for the weekend.

It has taken me almost 8 hours to complete, it was a bit like putting a jigsaw puzzle together without the picture. Am so glad this part of it is over now.

Have also wrote letter out to ask for the insurance details of the first vet. Although money has never, ever come into the equation before, we are a little disgruntled to have it 'suggested' that things were done a certain way because of money restraints, so am going to sue the bliddy breeches off them if I can. Cannot do this through the RCVS though. So two seperate issues going on now.

Have been onto PetPlan and they simply arent interested in the fact that they have paid out for something that wasnt done, i.e. total spaying on Lexi. They said if the op hadnt of taken place then it would be fraud, but because an op did take place although not done completely then they dont do anything. So...........I give up on them, but it perhaps makes you realise why the pet insurance is so high........
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oh Gwen, nothing is ever straight forward is it?! I hope you get the answers you want from the RCVS, what a palaver! Good luck with the rest of it too, you know where we are if you need a rant! {hug} {hug} {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks, Jem. Feel very relieved that it is done as far as can be done now. If this fails then at least we know we have done everything within our power to stop some other animal and owner going down the same route.