One tufted up Cat - advice please

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Re: One tufted up Cat - advice please

Post by tamk23 »

I would have gone with the wait and see option too. I have a 17 1/2 year old westie and we take every day as it comes, if it had been him I would have done the same {hug}
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

{cry} Not a nice decision to have to make, but I think you're right to leave her be for now, no point in unnecessary interventions if she seems otherwise happy. {hug}
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Thanks so much.

I don't know if I'm hard or out of order, but it would be kind of nice to see her comfortable and OK one day, then find her 'asleep' on her favourite chair by the Rayburn.
As long as she doesn't suffer of course.

Our l;ast cat to die was at the Vets, they kept her in overnight and I felt really bad she didn't either die in my arms or at home.

My daughter's cat is old and gone blind and I've said my final farewell to him every time I've been down there for the last year, but he's still getting about, climbs the fence, even chases off the dog !

So you just never know do you.

Richard

PS. That's an amazing age for a Westie tamk or any thorough breed !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Richard wrote:
I don't know if I'm hard or out of order, but it would be kind of nice to see her comfortable and OK one day, then find her 'asleep' on her favourite chair by the Rayburn.

Not hard or out of order - I think that's what we'd all like, for ourselves as well as our pets!
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Really difficult for you Richard. Poor little Mimi.