Beautiful Belle

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Beautiful Belle

Post by Annie »

aishakali wrote:Trucker and Belle are beautiful :-D We bought a 4yr old Trakehner for my daughter when she was fourteen. Beautiful horse, talented jumper, ( she won a regional final after owning him for 6 months) but a nutter!! He was put down at 9yrs old as he severed a tendon jumping barbed wire {cry} Enjoy your lovely mare ,I hope she brings you much pleasure )t'

Straying a bit from Belle sorry, Lyn I had a Trakehener x ID many years ago, loved x country but needed a lot of exercise to keep his head right, schooling didn't do it , needed long hacks out to keep him happy. He damaged his shoulder and after 2 months the vet wanted to pts because he wasn't sound on anticlockwise circles. So I stopped riding him in circles ! {rofwl}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
duckygirl
Learner Laner

Post by duckygirl »

She really is a great horse, around 15hh and still growing. i got her for $290 and a half a bag of grain, because we were going to trade my 17.3hh gelding off the track thoroughbred for her because about a year ago he took off and whipped me around and permanently hurt my back and triggered fibromyalgia, and we found out he had a brain tumor and had to be put down. The lady thankfully gave us my Belle anyways because me and her really match up well. We figure in about 2 years i am going to breed her to a leopard appaloosa so my mum can have the baby as a saddle horse.
duckygirl
Learner Laner

Post by duckygirl »

This is the Thoroughbred Clancy who hurt me so bad, he really was a beautiful boy. to bad he was a nutter Image
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

Are there too many horses being bred where you are? Sorry, not knocking you for wanting to breed, just wondered as here there are hundreds going for meat, especially cob types. Have also seen in Spain they are sending them to slaughterhouses, so wondered if it was worldwide.

Clare had a TB who we never did find out what had happened him and why he behaved so badly sometimes. He was brilliant on the ground, but when ridden found out he could go backwards at roughly the same speed as forwards. He could move beautifully though, especially across the paddock, he used to look like he was floating across.
duckygirl
Learner Laner

Post by duckygirl »

where i live there are rarely any horses that we would be interested in, and hardly going for slaughter at all. And besides, we want the opportunity to raise a baby so we know it its whole life.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

We considered a few years back re breeding, but then decided against it. Sometimes wish we had stuck with the idea though. To have a horse from being born would be absolutely fantastic and I wish you luck. Have you picked the sire out yet?
duckygirl
Learner Laner

Post by duckygirl »

We would like to breed her to a leopard appaloosa because AraAppaloosa babies are some of the prettiest horses ive ever seen, and my mum loves Appys. plus some traits from the Appy would pass down to the babe and we like that because Appys are really level headed and calm, and have great hooves.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Dont know much about the Appy's tbh. I hope everything goes to plan and you get your foalie. Of course we will need piccies. LOL
duckygirl
Learner Laner

Post by duckygirl »

It's going to be about a year an a half till shes ready to breed but i will put pics up when the time comes.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Will look forward to that. )t'