Vet

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Vet

Post by Benny&Co »

I took Benny for his annual booster and leg check up yesterday.

Was very disappointed that our lovely Vet, Roman, has left >shrug< Don't worry before going, I ascertained that it was a permanent vet and not possibly a horrible locum that we had the misfortune to encounter at Christmas.

But the new guy did seem very thorough and nice, so that was fine.

They've got a new receptionist, but that yukky vet nurse is still there.

They did tell me where Roman has gone to, he's set up his own new practice in the next town.

Now the thing is, do we move over to Roman who we know and trust for both Benny and the girls, or stay here?

Just looking at the website, his practice seems to have a lot more facilities on site such as x-ray, lab, hospital rooms.

I think he's hooked up with something to do with 'Pets at Home', it's called 'Companion Care Vets Plus'.

Usually I steer clear of big brand names, but I think Annie uses a PAH vet and doesn't she speak very highly of her vet there?

What do you think everyone? >shrug<
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Re: Vet

Post by HedgeHugger »

If he's your preferred vet why not move? (your business, not house :) )
PAH sometimes have free service for small animals, free check ups etc.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Yes Bev, I think very highly of my Companion Care Vet, recommend him to all the people I know who have pets and the ones that use him are equally delighted. It is a franchise within P@h but nothing to do with them, its the individual vets own private business. Change practice to the vet you know and trust is my advice.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

I agree, if you are very happy with a particular vet - move.

)t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
wendy

Post by wendy »

Me too.If you have confidence in him, go with him
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I use Easipet in Just for Pets as they now their chickens.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Another one here who would follow your original vet. Think of it this way, if your doctor moved practices and you liked and trusted him, would you follow him if you could?

'Good' vets who you know and trust are very hard to find as we have found out with Lexi.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks all of you.

Guess it's what they call a no-brainer really hey )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Going to sign up with Roman and co :-D

I've checked with Benny's insurance company and it doesn't make any difference if the vet practice isn't in their group.
Bev x

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Good decision Bev )t' , as is often said on here a good vet is worth their weight in gold.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

We went to see Roman and co last week and what a wonderful set up they have now, he showed me around everything with pride he did :-D

They've got consulting rooms, diagnostic equipment, lovely lab and theatre and two hospital wards as well.

Really made up for them all :-D
Bev x

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

So it was worthwhile following him then? )t'
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Definitely Gwen )t'
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I got a call this morning from the Area Manager of the vet practice group we used to be with.

My insurance company had obviously mentioned that I'd changed vet and she asked was it okay to have a chat, seeing that we'd been with them (vet wise) since 2009.

I said that the vet we seen the other week seemed very good and I'm very happy with the exemplary service I've received from the insurance side of things.

I also mentioned about the unfortunate experiences we've had with the vet nurse and also some of you may remember the nasty vet with Dottie at Christmas. She knew of both these people and said she would feedback my comments.

I wonder if there have been other customers who have moved or complained?

Felt a bit bad about it, but that it needed saying.
Bev x

wendy

Post by wendy »

Good Heavens don't feel bad. You have to do what you think is best for your animals. Also you have to feel they are being treated as you would expect.
They need to know if there are some problems, otherwise lots will be leaving them .
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning