Buster came to see me

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Buster came to see me

Post by Annie »

Eck walked the dogs this morning, while I took my time in the bath - as you do on your birthday because you have to try out your new smellies.
I was pottering about downstairs waiting for him to get back when the phone rang , it was Eck saying he had a problem. Apparently he had got 3 dogs not 2 >dowhat< . A dog had followed him around the walk ,quite happily mooching with our two girls. Eck had been looking out for its owner and had asked one or two folk if they recognised the dog but all said 'no'.
What shall I do he asked me , so I said ' you have 2 choices leave it behind or bring it home' it seems the dog made his mind up for him as when he opend the car door to let the two old girls in , this cheeky chap jumped in 1st.
He is a beautiful alsation cross white with tan ears and a tan spot on his back, very friendly and obedient looks about 3 years old .
We put him back in the car after he had slurped some water and headed off to the vet to see if he had a microchip. He was the centre of attention because he was so loving and friendly and yes he was microchipped. Clare the receptionist rang through to the Company that has the register and got his name, the owners name and the address and phone number. We tried ringing but there was no reply so we guessed his owners were out looking for him, just hope no children were getting upset at their dog going missing.
When we arrived at the house (actually in the village we live in), I eventally got a reply to my knocking and the door opened to reveal a middle aged lady. Iasked if she had lost her dog and she answered yes, 'not any more' I said ' my oh has found him,he was at the castle walk' . 'He always head up there, don't know why, I opened the door to go to the shop and he ran out past me' was her reply. We handed the dog over and she never even spoke to him or gave him a pat, just took his collar and said' get in'then as an afterthought she looked at us and managed to say thanks. She doesn't deserve such a good boy as Buster, he obviously is allowed to wander judging by her comments, Eck and I felt quite upset. Thank you Buster for visiting me on my birthday, I would have loved to have kept you {hug}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Buster came to see me

Post by MissEllie »

How sad that some owners can be so careless with their pet }hairout{
Thank goodness he was found by someone as caring and honest as Eck or else he may not have been returned.
It just goes to show, everyone wants to say hello to you on your special day Annie {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
wendy

Post by wendy »

Doesn't it make you so mad.
Poor little mite. I would go walkabout as well, if I was him.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Some people }hairout{ }hairout{ He was very lucky to find Eck :-D
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

That is rather a sad tale, Annie. Poor Buster. {hug}

By the way is Buster his real name or one you gave him? Hope if he ventures out again he finds people as friendly as you were to him.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Gwenoakes wrote:That is rather a sad tale, Annie. Poor Buster. {hug}

By the way is Buster his real name or one you gave him? Hope if he ventures out again he finds people as friendly as you were to him.

Gwen that was his name as listed on the microchip register, all my dogs have human names, they live in the house and so they get proper names - there again so do the hens {rofwl} . The only dog of mine that had an unhuman name was Paddy and I got him at 7 years of age and the poor lad was confused enough without me changing his name.
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Oheckitseck

Post by Oheckitseck »

What a bitch that woman was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She didn't deserve to have any dogs let alone a big soft handsome, friendly chap that Buster was. She wasn't interested in how we got him back to them or worse still that he was uninjured. There was no sign of any kind of sentiment or emotion shown by her to Buster, more like Annie & I were inconveniencing her bringing him home. Why are some people so f*****G cold and callous when it comes to their pets ("supposed pets")

In a way I am hoping that I come across Buster again as this time he will come home with me and I will worry about the consequences later.

I quite fancy the name Bert for him ( The wee boy in "The Village ") !!!!

Eck )gr:
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

She obviously is one of these so called dog owners that can't be bothered to walk their dog sensibly. Just supposing that dog went out on the road and got injured or even caused an accident. I wonder how she would react then. Its surprising the number of people that let their dog out and let them get on with it.
As a point of interest when we were in Morocco they have dog catchers there and if a dog is found roaming the streets after 7pm its shot yike*
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Eck, just thinking outside the box here, but because you are so worried about Buster, do you think if you asked the 'kind' owner if you could have him she would agree? Like I said just thinking outside the box, but maybe worth a thought, eh?

The problem with just taking him, and I really can understand why you want to, is that you would be legally in the wrong and the end result could be that Buster would STILL be returned to her.

Good luck whatever you decide. {hug}
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Gwen, regardless of how Eck and I feel about Busters owner, in fairness he is in good condition so is at least being fed well and his eyes and ears and teeth were all clean, maybe someone else in the house takes more care of him but just happened not to be there on Sunday.
It was her reaction that dismayed us but we are just a bit on the soft side I guess.
pepi
Longlasting Laner

Post by pepi »

How sad that poor Buster has a human who obviously doesnt appreciate him.
As you say Annie maybe that was just 'mum' and there is someone else in the house who loves him - afterall if he was so lovable/friendly its a very good bet that hes been well treated/handled.