RIP Olive

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Mumma J
Lively Laner

RIP Olive

Post by Mumma J »

Im not sure that I would ordinarily be so ceremonious about a goldfish but I feel Olive deserves a proud farewell simply due to his grand old age!
I won Olive in a plastic bag at a steam rally when I was 13. He moved out with me when I left home and has been with me ever since. I'm now 33 so by my reckoning that's a pretty good innings for a funfair fish!!!
RIP Olive
X
Mum of 2 children, 4 cats, 1 ancient fish and 5 Pekins!
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: RIP Olive

Post by kitla »

that's amazing! RIP Olive. How big did he grow in all those years?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Mumma J
Lively Laner

Post by Mumma J »

He was only about 5" head to tail, not massive. He lived in a big glass bowl, alone for many years as I didn't want to introduce another fish that may have passed on disease. The cats would drink out of his bowl but never bothered him otherwise! He had a couple of close calls in life-ended up on the carpet after I dropped the whole bowl he was in and when one of my cats was a kitten he did that crouch down bum wiggle thing they do before they pounce and then before I could stop him he lunged at the fish bowl and dived straight in. I had to fish him (pardon the pun) out soaking wet. Olive seemed very non plussed though and lived for many years after that! He's moved house with me 3 times over the years too. My 5yr old said goodbye to him before school and declared "he'd had a good life"!!!
Mum of 2 children, 4 cats, 1 ancient fish and 5 Pekins!
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I love the story of Olive and the kitten. It just proves the point that whatever our pet is, it gives us so much pleasure and memories. {hug}
RIP little Olive. I hope that there is a lovely big pond somewhere where all the fishy pets go.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

WOW that is a very good innings, well done you and RIP Olive. {hug}
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

That's an impressive age! RIP Olive
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Wow!! 20yrs!!! amazing! Olive must have been very well looked after bless him {hug}
LYN