Poppy has a poorly eye

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
milli
Longlasting Laner

Poppy has a poorly eye

Post by milli »

Cleaning Poppy's ( my little Shih Tzu ) eyes ( as I do every morning ) yesterday when she gave a little cry. Didn't think anything of it as she seemed ok and not troubled. But this afternoon I noticed her eye seems a little more closed that the other one and when I had a close look it is red over the iris and the iris itself looks cloudy at the top {cry} so I'm a bit worried as they can have problems with cornea as their eyes protrude more than most other dogs. So couldn't get an appointment with our Vets this afternoon, but have an early one tomorow fingers crossed it will just be a slight infection and need some drops.
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Poppy has a poorly eye

Post by Totally Scrambled »

>fi<
Ali Woks My World
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

How is Poppy???
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I hope little Poppy's eye has been seen by the vet by now and on it's way to becoming better. Do keep us updated.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

How is Poppy now? I hope the vet was able to sort out the problem for her. {hug}
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

My Poppet Rocket Dog had a poorly eye £45 vets bill later it looks better but I wouldn't say totally cured, optrex seems to be working just as well !
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
milli
Longlasting Laner

Post by milli »

Hi everyone, just an update on Poppy. Our visit to the Vets involved local anaesthetic drops into her eye, then when the Vet shone her pen torch into the eye you could see an ulcer on the top of Poppy's eye. She said at least the blood vessels around it look good so they are starting to heal the area. She scraped the top of the ulcer with a cotton bud to see if it was possible to remove some of the infection I suppose, but not much came away, Poppy was soo good and just sat there letting the Vet do everything ( she is such a little Poppet ) so outcome is we have antibiotic drops twice a day for the next week and as this sort of problem if left untreated can cause sight problems or worse we have a follow up appointment on friday. It seems a little better this evening after having the drops and isn't so red although the ulcer is still visible, so fingers crossed we are heading in the right direction. Thanks for all your good wishes, I know how much you all love your pets, it's nice to have a forum with such like minded peeps.
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

That sounded more serious than my little chaps problem. Glad you've got it sorted and sounds like she's well on the way to being mended :-D
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Its good you now know what the problem is and it is being treated. Hopefully with the eye drops things will come good and I will keep everything crossed for your visit at the vets on Friday. {hug}