Good Excuse Not To Do A Job :-) Update

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Good Excuse Not To Do A Job :-) Update

Post by Totally Scrambled »

We have an outside light that went wonky with one of the screws coming loose so that it now hangs sideways on the wall. There is ivy around it and I thought I might fix it but when I went to move the ivy aside I found this,
A pair of robins have made a home in the ivy using the light as a platform for their nest. There are three chicks in it.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Mad Chick

Re: Good Excuse Not To Do A Job :-)

Post by Mad Chick »

Awwwww {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Awww - I am very envious - we found several eggs on the flowerbeds again last week {cry} I think they are robin eggs {cry}

I do have a little sparrow at work who has made a nest amongst the pots on the display bench. She had 5 eggs and now has a clutch of chicks. My watering must have worked {rofwl} Bless her, she pops off when I get too near, and is back as soon as I have done that area {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

How gorgeous ,lucky you.

Maggie
wendy

Post by wendy »

envy}} we have them. But I never see them )gr:
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Last year my neighbour had a robin going in and out of his shed as there was a gap in the door frame. I told my neighbour so he had a look inside and the robins had made their nest in there and there were chicks.

My neighbour would go in and out of the shed when needed and as long as he wasn't face to face with the nest the robins were happy for him to be there {hug}

I love robins :-D
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Good Excuse Not To Do A Job :-) Update

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Yesterday Mummy & Daddy Robin decided it was time for their youngsters to venture into the big wide world. They started by fluttering clumsily to the ground and then had little practice flights around the patio slowly getting more confident until they had mastered the power of flight and joined mum & dad on the fence. The family have all left home now but are still flitting round the garden being shown where everything is by mum & dad.
Couldn't get a shot of the whole family together though.
Dom & Ali
Ali Woks My World
wendy

Re: Good Excuse Not To Do A Job :-) Update

Post by wendy »

Success. But that means you now have to get back to work.
Very sweet babies.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning