Dog Toys, Free V Expensive

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Dog Toys, Free V Expensive

Post by HazellB »

I have a shop that sells all types of dog toys. From cheap and disposable to grossly over-priced, I sell the lot. As a result of this, my two dogs get all sorts of things to play with at our stables (where they spend most of the day) and at home.

Today a large delivery of assorted stuff arrived and among it was a giant latex pig with a fairly ropey squeak, so I shrugged and threw it to the Jack Russell who was, as usual, helping me check the order. He shot off round the stables shaking the pig, growling to himself and generally being a horrible Jack Russell with a new toy. )pty

Twenty minutes later my partner, heartily sick of hearing the squeaky pig's half-hearted squeal, realised the pushbike inner tube he'd been changing had morphed into a latex pig in the last second and the dog was running about with the inner tube in his mouth.

We've removed the air inlet thingy and cut the tube in half (to stop him whipping us with it as much) and left the dog with his new favourite toy. And I'm considering a change of career {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
wendy

Re: Dog Toys, Free V Expensive

Post by wendy »

Surprising what they find enjoyable.
I bought mine a coconut for £1 the other day. Dave had hours of fun throwing it about. Then it broke and he loved the milk. They had a half each and ate it all.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I am incredibly mean and don't buy dog toys, which is probably why Bailey almost always manages to find a tennis ball to bring home on her walks {rofwl}

She has been almost tragic with the latest one - carrying in in her mouth through her entire walk (not easy for her) and then I keep finding her asleep with her nose on it {rofwl} . I know she will have it until the day I am expecting visitors and am hoovering madly. Then, when I have finished and they are just about to arrive, she will chew it up all over the clean carpet {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
manda

Post by manda »

Like children with the cardboard boxes of prezzies...sheesh!! {rofwl}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Like kids, they will find their own things for amusement. When we take Meg for a walk somewhere that has a pond, she immediately looks for very wet tree branches in the water. If small enough for her carry, she brings them home and spends the rest of the day stripping off the bark. Garden looks messy and her branches are now in a pile, but she really enjoys them so why not!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

manda wrote:Like children with the cardboard boxes of prezzies...sheesh!! {rofwl}

That's the other thing my Jack Russell enjoy almost as much as his toys!

The other day we shoved him in a large box, made holes in the sides and poked him with sticks through the holes for ages. Cruel, you'd think, but he loved it. In the end we had to stop when he started to get too giddy and was on the verge of throwing up.
Now he keeps getting in boxes wanting to play again {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Bella our Staffie has destroyed every single toy that we have ever given her, so now we give her t towels that are knotted in the middle and she loves them. More to the point they are cheap and last longer than the pricey toys too. LOL