Daisy and her raw food diet

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
wendy

Re: Daisy and her raw food diet

Post by wendy »

)t' )t' Lorna. Good to hear the little man is doing well.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I hope Daisy is still enjoying and doing well on the raw food, Mercedes.
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

Hes doing very well Wendy. Hes a very chilled boy, very settled and calm. When I work out how to load pics from my ipad, will,post some.
Did a show in June and did very well . 5th in Best rescue, 4th in entry level obedience, ( but that was my fault) and 1st in intermediate obedience.
Only problem was a bird scarer which went off every half hour like gun shots so he spent quite a bit of time hiding under the judges table. {rofwl} tricky calming him down and doing rounds in between the bird thing going off, but we were really pleased with him.
Lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

Supposed to be doing a show this weekend but I doubt we will go. Wont have Nico standing around in the heat, much as I love the sunshine. It would be irresponsible IMO. Dont care what my Dog Club say. {hug}
He wouldnt work properly anyway if hes struggling from the heat. Not fair is it? {hug}
Lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
wendy

Post by wendy »

No it isn't fair. Dave won't be going with me tonight. Too hot.

I am so pleased that you both are getting on so well. Gladdens my old heart {hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

How is Daisy still doing with her diet, Mercedes? I hope it is still agreeing with her.
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

She is doing wonderfully on it thanks Gwen.

I am starting to get her off the minced foods as too many of them have veggies in them and although I don't mind her having some veg I don't really think she needs much if any of that.

She has either a piece of chicken, usually a thigh or breast, or a lamb chop every day or every other day. I am just starting her on raw liver and she is finding that hard to eat and at first I thought she didn't like it as she kept spitting it out, but she did eventually eat it. I was thinking about buying a dehydrator for the liver as it would make it easier to feed it to her.

I seem to spend endless amounts of time looking at various raw meat suppliers as I want to give her a nice variety of meat and it's a bit hard to get the ratios right, but I think I am over analysing it all and need to stop worrying {warn}
Lyn

Post by Gwenoakes »

Glad to hear she is doing well. )t'

{rofwl} Clare said exactly the same thing when looking into it for Lexi, but it is worth it, even though Lexi is not on it now. If you know anyone who goes out catching rabbits you could ask them if you could have one, unless your very squeamish that is.
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Gwenoakes wrote:Glad to hear she is doing well. )t'

{rofwl} Clare said exactly the same thing when looking into it for Lexi, but it is worth it, even though Lexi is not on it now. If you know anyone who goes out catching rabbits you could ask them if you could have one, unless your very squeamish that is.

I am very squeamish and most of the time I have to feed Daisy and make sure I am close by but not close enough to see too much as I really don't like the look of it. I have a friend who buys whole chickens and chops them into 4 to feed her dog, I couldn't do that :?

I have found somewhere that does minced rabbit and also chunks of venison, pheasant, partridge and other meats that are hard to buy in the supermarket, but right now I am trying to use all the other stuff that is filling my freezer. You wouldn't believe we have 2 freezers and both are full :oops:

That is such a shame that Lexi wasn't able to go on a raw diet as I truly believe it's the way forward, just wish I had realised it years ago with Mishka as I think she would have benefited from it too :?
Lyn