Rosie...nipped in the bud

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Rosie...nipped in the bud

Post by Linda S »

Our little Rosie aka Rosie Bud/Buddly(we're daft with names)is going to be spayed in the morning and they have asked if we will want her to have painkillers.
Its a long time since we had our last females speyed and i cant remember ever being asked before, they have always been fine
Im thinking we should have them to be on the safe side, as our others maybe had a jab on disharge they def didnt have any at home.
Any thoughts anyone sorry its a bit late to be asking )t' Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: Rosie...nipped in the bud

Post by Linda S »

Forgot to say that Rosie is a cat :-D
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
perchy

Post by perchy »

I have never had a cat myself, except adopted ones from others houses, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have them or ask if she will have a painkilling injection before she leaves.

{hug} for Rosie
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I have had cats spayed and have never been asked if pain killers are wanted. I would have assumed that if the vet thought them to be needed then they would give them automatically.
Good luck, I'm sure that all will be well and that Rosie soon recovers )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I agree with june, you'd think if she needs them she should automatically get them, :? but I'd take them just to be on the safe side ( I wouldnt fancy that op without any! {rofwl} )
Hope she gets on ok, let us know how she is {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
milli
Longlasting Laner

Post by milli »

When I had Poppy (little Shih Tzu) she had painkilling injection before coming home, and then tablets for me to give her, I think it will make Rosie more comfy if she has them good luck )t'
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi and thanks all, Rosie is home and is her usual loving little and purring so loud she is nearly whistling :-D
They gave her a pain killing injection when she had her op, and then i got some for home she has 1 a day for 3days
The nurse said to give her it about 12 wich was around the time of her op it was only £4 for them and shes back friday for her post op check.

When we took her this morning the vet said she was pregnant which came as a hell of a shock yike* because she has shown no signs at all of being in season and her brothers havnt bothered her either.
He said she was apparently around 5wks pregnant she had no swelling teats or tummy so we were very shocked and it cost £40 on top of the op
Ifeel really awful about it but i couldnt have any more kittens,the only consolation is that no more unwanted kits will be born Rosie and her brothers were a present from a wild cat who gave birth in our shed late last year and we didnt want them to end up in a cage with an uncertain future

Iwill say this though Let this be a lesson and PLESE GET YOR CAT SPEYED AS EARLY AS YOU CAN, Im not shouting just want to say it can happen and you wont know until its too late so please be vigilent )t' Lindaxx
We have always had cats and thought we knew the signs , how wrong were we.
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Wow Linda, that must have come as a bit of a shock yike* When you get used to the ide, the excitement bit will creep in. It will interesting to see who dad probably is when they arrive.
How long does a cats pregnancy last? It is such a long time since I had a cat with kittens as we always get them spayed as soon as possible now.
Good luck and I hope she sails through it.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi June i wasnt very clear was i >dum< The vet thought she was pregnant when they examined her but said they wouldnt be sure until they opened her up.
We had to give them the go ahead and we did thats why i feel so bad June because i told them to take them away and spey her
When hubby said in the car that we had just killed her kittens i was in tears id managed to hold back till then
The thing is though that i have 3 cats, i thought i had homes for two of these but when it came time to go to their new home they didnt want them so we kept all of them.
Iknow i wouldnt have sent them to a rescue although i know they do a great job, but how i see it they are my responsibility and i would have ended up with 7 and it would be to much.
We have had six before but i cant expect others to look after to many of them when i cant and thats quite often recently, so the awful decision was made and im not proud of the fact at all. To be honest iv let Rosie down in my opinion.
Bella(dog) is booked in for speying next monday and Spike and Bruce(cats) for the snip the week after and then they are all taken care of, as the Ruby and Doody(Fifi)the other two dogs are done )t' Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
milli
Longlasting Laner

Post by milli »

Linda, don't feel guilty, you didn't let Rosie down. You weren't to know about the kitties, at 5 weeks, I wouldn't have thought it was obvious, as even the vet didn't realize. You did what you thought is the best for her, which is to be a sensible pet owner and get them speyed which saves all the poor little cats and dogs being unwanted, when irresponsible people don't. You obviously love them all, so don't beat yourself up. )t' Good luck with all the other 'snips' etc I know how worrying it is when you have them done.
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Linda {hug}
Hope Rosie's recovering well.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Milli and Ellie, {hug}
Rosie is very well she didnt even stop purring when our Jo gave her her pain relief you wouldn't think she had just had quite a big op :-D
Honestly shes such a loving little cat with a smashing temprement, she loves to be cuddled on our knee, shes a little star {hug}
Sometimes she is so happy her eyes go all slitty and her ears seem to grow another 2 inches longer it really strange we call her alien puss when she does it {rofwl}
When shes so giddy she dosn't know wether to rub her head on you or roll round on her back or give you eskimo kisses and she nearly ties herself in knots trying to do it all, while puring so loudly you can hear her at the other side of the room over the tv :-D Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I believe you did what was best for everyone, including little Rosie. She would have been sooo young to be a mother and like you say you couldnt have coped with more cats, so well done for making what must have been a very horrid decision. {hug}
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Gwen {hug}
I forgot to say that Rosie had her post op check on fri and she was fine the vet said her wound was healing lovey and her temperature was normal :-D

Bella(dog aka Princess Bellarina) is in to be speyed in the morning then no more horrible seasons for her )c(

Then its time for Spike(aka Spikey Diddles or Diddy) and Bruce(aka Brucey Bonus) Rosies brothers to part company with thier nads yike* Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx