Benny update

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Benny update

Post by Gwenoakes »

It always amazes me just how quickly animals recover even from serious surgery, he looks absolutely brilliant and like you say to be able to do what he likes, i.e. chasing a ball is just the news I wanted to hear. {hug}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Gwen {hug}

We're having our 12 week post TPLO check on Thursday.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Let me know how it goes Thurs, please. I wont wish you luck as I am sure you wont need it. {hug}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I will do for sure {hug}

I found a TPLO group for owners of doggies who've had the same as Benny's had done. I'm finding that very helpful as well as being on here.

From some tales I've heard, some doggies really go through the mill and I thank our lucky stars.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Another little Benny update for you all - he's now 12-weeks tomorrow post TPLO. Seen Roman this morning and he's very happy with progress. No signs for concern and everything is fine.

I asked him about chances of his other back leg 'going' and he said it's very difficult to determine, however the risk is high because Benny is a very big and excitable doggy (he's 32.5kgs).

At the moment we've to have no ball throwing, because of the running and then stopping movement when he catches the ball. He can run but not too much and shouldn't be jumping.

Also asked about changing Benny's diet over to the raw food. Roman doesn't think this is a good idea at all. He advised changing a dogs diet after having one specific type of food for nearly all his life could cause all sorts of medical problems.

I might add that I have never bought any food from the vet. I feel very torn about this because it's something I've been thinking about for a while. I'd found a lovely company who had products which I thought would suit us >dum<

Here's Benny's 6-week post TPLO x-rays. I didn't think to take pictures of them back in December, so did them today. Isn't it amazing what can be done )t'

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2288_n.jpg
Bev x

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Ah Bev, what a cracking birthday pressie! So glad Benny is doing well {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Jembi {hug}

How's your little one doing? {hug}
Bev x

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

She's great thanks Bev, a real cheeky monkey! Exhausting but adorable {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Benny had his third hydro session yesterday and he's really taken to it like a duck to water! :-D

He kept getting back in, bless him!

We tried him without a life jacket and just a harness and our lovely boy swam all by himself to 'chase' the ball.

So very proud of him {hug}

Our very ball obsessed lovely boy
Bev x

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

That is brill and I am soooo glad to hear it, long may it continue, bless him and you. )t' {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

)t' Good ol' Benny! {hug}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Hello everyone - another little Benny update for you.

He's continuing to do well with his rehab and we're still having hydro which he absolutely loves. It's a job keeping him out the pool! {rofwl}

Here he is the other day, swimming all by himself :-D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152294439682112&l=8578189743050773455
Bev x

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Great news Bev :-D Benny's done really well bless him {hug}
LYN
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Ooops, only just seen this as puter been playing up (still is) and we have been very busy work wise.

I am really pleased that he is still doing well and that is a lovely video of him. He swims like a real pro. LOL

Will he need anymore vet check ups or will you just keep an eye on him?
wendy

Post by wendy »

Just seen this as well Gwen :?

"Also asked about changing Benny's diet over to the raw food. Roman doesn't think this is a good idea at all. He advised changing a dogs diet after having one specific type of food for nearly all his life could cause all sorts of medical problems. "

I can assure you vets are more than happy to try to change our dogs onto a dry diet, if they have a health problem, without any worries about changing from one type to another and wouldn't think twice about it. Vets are educated in nutrition, by the big dog food manufacturers.

What a strange thing to say. We have gone from being a meat eater to vegetarian and no health problems whatsoever. When you consider the digestion of a dog...that can eat all manner of disgusting things and not have problems... why would a gradual change over cause problems ?
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning