Benny update

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Mad Chick

Re: Benny update

Post by Mad Chick »

Oh bless him {hug} {hug} {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well he will get better quicker being at home.
The painful part is now over and the recovery starts. It will be a couple of weeks down the road, it becomes difficult.
They feel fine and can so NO reason, whatsoever, for all this lead walking and crating lark.
Good Luck Bev.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

So glad Benny's ok Bev {hug} . ( My old Kali used to take 2 days to come round from anaesthetic)
LYN
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks for the update have been thinking about you all. Glad everything went OK and he is now home where he should be, onwards and upwards from here on. {hug} {hug} {hug}
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Bev im so glad Benny is home safe and well {hug} and recovering with his loving mum and dad and no doubt having lots of gentle kisses and cuddles when hes awake {hug} {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Glad to hear everything went well and benny's back where he belongs {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks everyone {hug}

He's much more himself today, but still very off his food which is so not like Benny (normally), but he goes like this after GA/sedation.

Offered him a poached egg, no, offered him some mackerel, no. Bless him. At least today he's smacking his lips whereas yesterday he just turned away.

His wound is still lovely and clean and neat and tidy. He's such a good boy not bothering with it.

Will keep you posted with his progress {hug&kiss}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

wendy wrote:They feel fine and can so NO reason, whatsoever, for all this lead walking and crating lark.
Good Luck Bev.

Sorry Wendy, I don't understand what you mean?

He seems fine with his crate, hasn't wimpered or anything so we've no reason to think he doesn't like it. Whenever we aren't with him, he is to go in for safety.

We have been given an extensive rehabilitation programme by his surgeon - it'll take 12 weeks minimum.

He is to have three x 10 minute lead walks a day for the first two weeks, then it goes up by 5 minutes each week.

Surgeon Alan is positive that Benny will be back to his normal self in about 7 months.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Here's our lovely boy today {hug}

Bev x

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Aw bless, it hasn't ruined his handsome looks {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Benny will be absolutely fine Bev :-D Kali had both her cruciates done and no problems )t'
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks ladies and Lyn, that's very good to hear about Kali )t' {hug}
Bev x

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Glad Benny is doing OK, Bev. He is a beautiful dog, love the photo.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks once again for the update, he certainly looks perkier, bless him. {hug} Wouldnt worry about him not eating, just so long as he is drinking, the appetite will return soon. When are you back for a check up?

Think Wendy means that you will be fine with the lead walking/crating while Benny is feeling a little sore/off colour, but as soon as 'he' feels well then 'he' will see no reason as to why he has to have lead walks etc.

Sorry if I have butted in there and I hope I have explained it like Wendy meant it, anyway its how I understood it. LOL
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks all of you {hug}

He's a bit more himself today and I'm really pleased I've managed to get some chicken down him. Warmed it up, that seemed to wet his appetite )t'
Bev x