NEED TO UPDATE MY WILL

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

NEED TO UPDATE MY WILL

Post by urbanchicks »

My last will was made when i thought I was going to the Gulf War, it ended before our unit next in line to go. I have at present 3 dogs,11 cats ,no one who could take them on,I was wondering if anyone on here has made a donation to an animal charity that would ensure that my pets would be cared for for life?I am not interested in the RSPCA option.

Thanks,

Maggie
pepi
Longlasting Laner

Re: NEED TO UPDATE MY WILL

Post by pepi »

OMG, I never thought of putting my animals in my will - better sort that out!

Im in Ireland, but I often see an ad in one of the Sunday Times glossy magazines for a charity that takes care of a pet when the owner passes away - its not RSPCA, but for the life of me cant think of who it is - and of course Ive put all my newspapers in recycling yesterday
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have seen the RSPCA ads, but like you, wouldn't be happy as aside from other issues, they don't actually promise to look after your pet for their natural life, just to do their best (or something equally as ambiguous)

I haven't seen anywhere else actually advertised who would, although I am sure there must be many places. There is a really fab animal rehoming place near me called Raystede - you could try them.

Or what about Battersea dogs home?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Have a look at Cinnamon Trust. And I think the Dog's Trust do a peace-of-mind thing as well.
(No idea why I know this - I don't even have a dog!)
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Re: NEED TO UPDATE MY WILLUpdate

Post by urbanchicks »

The Dog's Trust do a scheme to look after your dogs saw an advert in the Mail ,rang them and they have sent me a form to fill in no donation required but would be welcome.Phone number 020 7837 0006.
Maggie
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Dogs Trust and Cinnamon Trust are ones to contact.

If anyone is reading this hasn't heard of the Cinnamon Trust have a look and google them. They are a group who help people in a number of ways. Elderly or disabled folk with dogs are helped by CT who put them in touch with volunteers who will come and walk their pets for them. Volunteers are sometimes folk who have lost a pet, or aren't able to have a dog but would love one - so it works well for all concerned.

They help people who have to go into aged persons care homes - there are a number of residential homes who will allow residents to bring along their cats or dogs.

They don't get a lot of money - they always have a Christmas catalogue with little gifts in which are well worth support from us. )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
wendy

Post by wendy »

I have it written that the dogs go to Dogs Trust. But the Cinnamon Trust is another, as said.
The parrots are a whole different story and I will have to make arrangements, and take them, before I pop my clogs.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning