Will I ever learn!!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Will I ever learn!!

Post by albertajune »

At the moment a clay pigeon club is banging away quite near us and Megan is terrified.
I have done all the usual things like closing windows and door etc and turned on the radio, but when I looked for her a short while ago, this is where she was. The nest she has made is 6 new rolls of shredded toilet paper.

I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Will I ever learn!!

Post by Mo »

Could have been worse, and she looks quite peaceful now.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
milli
Longlasting Laner

Post by milli »

Sorry June but, {rofwl} I'm pleased to see it isn't only us things like this happen to. We have a door mat that is now half covered in heavy duty sticky tape where I have tried to mend it after one of the jack russels tries to 'kill' it every time the postman calls!
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

milli wrote:Sorry June but, {rofwl} I'm pleased to see it isn't only us things like this happen to. We have a door mat that is now half covered in heavy duty sticky tape where I have tried to mend it after one of the jack russels tries to 'kill' it every time the postman calls!

{rofwl} {rofwl}

Of course Milli, I could put the rolls away immediately on buying, or at least shut the door. This isn't the first time it has happened.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww bless her, giving the Andrex puppy a run for his money I think, so cute {hug}

yike*
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Awww, bless her. But sorry had to {rofwl}

May I make a suggestion? Keep the shredded toilet paper then when she is frightened again put them in the loo/bathroom, that way you wont, or rather she wont be using new loo rolls. {rofwl} {rofwl}
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Got to smile, poor Megan,
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

What a sweetie, Albertajune!!! Sweet that she found a way to comfort herself when stressed. Yes, maybe you should make her a box with the toilet paper scraps in it. She may really bond with her "comfort bed." I can tell that you are a great "mama" to this precious dog.
manda

Post by manda »

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} ...least it wasn't the couch )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
pepi
Longlasting Laner

Post by pepi »

such a pretty little dog, and a good idea to stuff the shredded loo paper into a bag for the next time shes upset (or does it have to be 'fresh' {rofwl} ) Poor little girls - have you tried a THUNDERSHIRT? Ive heard its really good for dog anxiety? (Its available from AMAZON)
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

pepi wrote:such a pretty little dog, and a good idea to stuff the shredded loo paper into a bag for the next time shes upset (or does it have to be 'fresh' {rofwl} ) Poor little girls - have you tried a THUNDERSHIRT? Ive heard its really good for dog anxiety? (Its available from AMAZON)

No I haven't tried a thundershirt but have heard about them. The trouble is that she hears the noise before we do and clay pigeon shooting can be on a beautiful day, not like thunder itself, so not always expected In this instance it was only her behaviour that alerted us to the pops going off. If weather is a bit stormy, we do wrap her and make a little dark place for her to go to, where she just sits and shakes. We have only had this 14yr old girl for just under a year so are still learning about her.
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

my pooch gets in the washbasket under the kitchen table and covers herself if she hears thunder or fireworks..being under there seems to make her feel safe .

Shame your little pooch couldnt stuff the tissue in her ears! bless her