New fish

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
p.penn

New fish

Post by p.penn »

I had the pleasure of looking after my grandchildren today, so as part of the activites, we went out to buy a new sucky (sucking loach) and a couple of other fish

Well, we got an orange one, which was all they had and 2 neons (boring but pretty) BUT we also got two bumblebee fish! )c( They are so cute and I have never seen them before.

They also had, what must have been, King Prawny, but he was so huge I thought he would just snack on my little Prawny >dowhat<

Nice to see my tank all cleaned and full again though. <fsh<

PS - my magnetic algae scraper seems to have worn out - is that possible?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
ock

Re: New fish

Post by ock »

)c( )c(

what are bumble bee fish ? what`s their real name ?
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Bumblebee fish {rofwl}

I will try to take a pic :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ummm - one seems to be clinging onto the tank for dear life and the other....well...I seem to have misplaced it already! >dum<

These are shockingly bad pics ( }hairout{ ), but bumble is top left.

Helen xx

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

That's a bumblebee goby Helen, they're really cute looking, but there's a reason
why I've never been allowed to get them - cant remember what it is now :?
Might be because they only eat live food? or the males fight or something.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh no }hairout{ I hope they are not going to eat prawny }hairout{ You would have thought as I was with 2 young children choosing them, the assistant would have said something. :?

I did wonder why a customer asked her if it was ok for them all to be put in the same bag. She said as they were all going into the same tank, yes.

Oh well, too late now. {cry}
Helen xx

tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

A friend of mine had 3 of these, they like lots of places to hide and will eat live or frozen food.

They are very pretty :-D
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

When you say live food - what exactly is it? I take it the frozen is the same but dead!

Can I give anything else do you think?
Helen xx

ock

Post by ock »

they come from brackish water but I think if they`re tank bred in fresh water they`ll be alright, they like to be sung to though Helen, helps them settle in )t'
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

p.penn wrote:When you say live food - what exactly is it? I take it the frozen is the same but dead!

Can I give anything else do you think?

You can buy bags of Live brine shrimp and bloodworm at aquatics shops and most will have a freezer where you can buy it frozen. It comes in little blister packs that you stick in your freezer.

My friends wouldn't eat flake food.
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Thanks - my daughter is bringing me some bloodworms tomorrow )t'

ock wrote: they like to be sung to though Helen, helps them settle in )t'

That's good as I am practicing for my choir concert {rofwl}
Helen xx

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

They are pretty fish, but when we had fish tanks we never had them because we were told they would eat the smaller fish.......sorrrreeeee.

Suppose they are a bit like AngelCat fish, as they tend to eat neons/small fish too and we did have experience of both those. LOL

Part of my looking after Grandaughter day was carving out a pumpkin, thoroughly enjoyed it too. In fact have just put a little candle in it and Chloe is not even here. So....who is the kid, eh? LOL
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Was wondering if all your fish are still in one piece? I hope so.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Thanks Gwenoaks. At the moment., yes. I am a bit worried that they don't get enough food though. They seem to like bloodworms, but so do all the other fish!
Helen xx

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sounds like it could be blood worms all the way then.

We used to have Oscars which were Cichlids and I used to give them worms out the garden that had been washed and chopped up. )loo( Looking back I dont know how I did it tbh, makes my tummy heave now just thinking about it, but they enjoyed them which was the main thing.