Poor Bailey

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
p.penn

Poor Bailey

Post by p.penn »

I have no idea what has happened {cry} I had a great day with Bailey and my grandchildren today. We had a lovely walk, and we bathed her when we got back as she was disgustingly smelly!

She seemed absolutely fine afterwards, and then I went to work tonight. Got in and she was really peculiar. I thought maybe she had been naughty as her tail was between her legs and she was sort of creeping (she is NEVER naughty at home) so I let her out in the garden where she had a wee, then fed her (which she demolished as always) then when I tried to lift her tail she really winced.

So I popped out to see if the local vet was around, but he wasn't, so if she is still the same in the morning, I will take her to the vet. I would like to give her a painkiller, but don't know what is ok. So much conflicting advice on google. }hairout{

I have noticed she has been on the sofa (not usual) and she seems up for a cuddle and licks me, so not ill, just hurt :?

I am going to leave her roaming downstairs tonight rather than in her crate, so she can be really comfy. I may sleep on the sofa to be near her too.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: Poor Bailey

Post by Linda S »

Helen I hope Bailey is ok and i know you probably wont get much sleep tonight for worrying about her. Thinking of you both and sending love and {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Thanks Linda - I just wish I knew what was wrong. :?

She is on my lap as I write this and has just given me a good wash ( mind you, I have been eating crisps!)

I think the fact she is usually so waggy usually is a bad sign, and that is upsetting me more than anything . I am really hoping she will be her usual mega waggy self tomorrow.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Helen is it possible Bailey could have a thorn or something caught in her fur i know you will have allready given her a good check over im just trying to think possibilities {hug} Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Good thought,but I can't see it being a thorn Linda, as she was fine when she came back from her walk, and then bathed and was with me for 4 hours after that and was fine. Well I think she was. Surely I would have noticed?
Helen xx

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Helen i didnt realise id been gone long enough to be logged off iv been on u-toob trying to sing along quietly with Cher, Meatloaf and my idol Freddie and Queen with my earphones in {rofwl}

Just wanted to say i hope you manage to get some sleep though i see your'e still logged on and iv got >fi<that Bailey is back to her best in the morning {hug}

Im retireing to my budoir soon cause Lord knows i need all the help i can get in the beauty dept, i could do with a year or threes sleep to see if it works {rofwl} Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww here's hoping Bailey is much better today and in her normal mood {hug}
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Orrrrrr hope poor Bailey is ok >fi<
[center][/center]Davina
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Awww poor wee Bailey {hug}

Fingers crossed she's boinging and wagging again soon >fi<
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Hope she's feeling a bit better this morning and that you got some sleep.
Sounds to me like she's hurt her tail which might explain the delay in her showing any signs as it may have taken a while for bruising etc. to have an effect.
Tail injury was one of the reasons they used to dock the tails of gun dog type breeds because they were prone to it with all their dashing about in dense undergrowth.
I'm sure she'll be back to her waggy self in a few days.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I see she slept on the sofa! She is as bright as a button today but still can't move her tail. The end had a teeny wag when I came down this mornin, bless her.

I have a vet appointment at 11.30, but I suspect you are right Dom and that it will be ok in a week or so. Hope so anyway.
Helen xx

tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Hope Bailey is better soon xx
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Hope Bailey is OK, Helen and hopefully wagging that tail soon. {hug}
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
wendy

Post by wendy »

Obviously hurt it.
Funnily enough when I exhibited Akita's. I heard people saying that after washing the dog his tail wouldn't go up [their tails are over their backs] and they had a frozen tail....really painful, heaven knows what was the problem only happened after a wash ? >dum< . It did get better after a few days or so.
I could never understand it and never had the problem with mine. But it will be interesting to know what the vet thinks she has done.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes Wendy - the vet says it is a frozen tail (or broken wag as it is sometimes called!). It should get better on its own and I have anti inflammatories for her.

She was such a good girl {hug}

PS - no walks for a few days which actually suits me fine as the weather forecast is so bad!
Helen xx