Meet Rupert

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Mad Chick

Meet Rupert

Post by Mad Chick »

Izzy is an extremely happy girl today. After much searching, we have finally found a lovely horse share for her. Rupert is kept at a fab livery yard 5 minutes cycle ride from home. His current owner is just going back to work after her maternity leave and no longer has time for him every day.

He's such a lovely boy. Getting on a wee bit at 22 but still enjoys his hacks and loves to jump. But most of all he loves being groomed, polo's, carrots and cuddles {hug}

Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
wendy

Re: Meet Rupert

Post by wendy »

How very handsome. I am sure she will have hours of fun with him.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

I was expecting a bear :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Wishing Izzy many happy hours with Rupert (love the name), bet she is one very happy young lady.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Lovely boy, lucky girl :-D Michelle's pony was over 30 when we lost her, so plenty of life and fun in the old horse yet )t'
LYN
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

What a beauty! Hope Izzy has lots and lots of fun with Rupert {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Sara

Post by Sara »

What a gorgeous boy! {hug}

Izzy must be so happy, bless her ...... I love his eyebrows, hes a very pretty boy {hug}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Aw what a beautiful face :-D he's gorgeous.
I'll bet Izzy is chuffed to bits with her early Christmas pressie )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

He looks to have a kind eye, bless him. Years of loving in that bundle.

I need more info please:- How big, what make etc, etc, etc. LOL
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

He is a real softy.

He is a 15.2hh Welsh Cob... to be honest, I'm not sure what colour he is... um... brown?

He is rather portly and needs quite a lot of encouragement to get going but as this is Izzy's first time out on the roads totally on her own, I'm very happy with that :oops: Nothing seems to spook him (I even wondered if he was deaf but he can hear a packet of polo's opening from 100 yards!)

Izzy gets him three days a week - two weekdays and Sundays. She hasn't stopped smiling for days. She's taught me how to groom and muck out (but I'll leave the hoof picking to her!), even though I don't ride it's lovely to be doing something together out in the fresh air.
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Got to admit, it is a good feeling of 'togetherness' out in the open with someone you care for. Real good bonding time. )t' I will let you into a secret I have never used a hoof pick on a foot either. LOL

Take a tip from me though, dont get too good at doing things or you will end up fetching the horse in, in a blizzard where your glasses steam up when you get under cover, but you still have to take one rug off and put another on, even though you cant see a thing with or without glasses! LOL

Been trying to remember the colour while writing this.......I cant, but it will come to me, eventually. LOL

Just one tip (its the worry wart coming out in me) please make sure there is plenty of hi viz on both rider and horse. Sorry but you did mention going out on roads.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Had my lightbulb moment re colour, its bay. LOL
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

He's a blood bay )w(
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Thanks Gwen and Hazel )t'

Izzy took him out on a hack for the first time yesterday. It was... ummmm... interesting {rofwl}

I walked along beside her and we kept to the fields and paths through the woods so no need to go onto the road. He seemed quite happy and plodded along nicely for about half an hour. He'd had a couple of trots and and jumps and we were just about to start making our way back up the other side of the hill towards home when he decided he didn't want to go into the next field, turned around and charged off in the opposite direction.

Izzy got him under control quite quickly and we had another attempt. Same thing happened but this time he didn't stop and they soon disappeared from view. I was trying to run after them like a mad thing, going round every corner thinking I'd find Izzy on the floor. Eventually, after a few minutes of panic, my phone rang... it was Izzy, Rupert had galloped all the way back to the yard >dowhat<

Izzy was a bit shaken up and Rupert was looking extremely shame faced. She then took him into the school and he was as good as gold in there. No idea what spooked him, it's his usual hacking route and it was really quiet. Maybe he just needs a bit more time to get used to Izzy >coc<
Lucy x

tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

Oh dear, it sounds as if Rupert's years have taught him a thing or two about getting his own way. He will have sized the pair of you up and decided he can get away with going home.

It doesn't mean he's a bad boy though, and I'm sure with more experience he will soon learn that Izzy is boss. If this is her first horse a few lessons on him might be a good idea, the last thing you want is for him to do it again as he will know he can do it any time. And also ask advice from the owner. It could be that he hasn't done it with her if he knows he can't get away with it. But he will take his confidence from his rider.

Good luck, hopefully this little misdemeanor can soon be forgotten. At around his age my old mare refused to go out of the yard with a novice rider on board, something she had never done before and I had her from 3. She just didn't feel safe I guess. It was soon resolved with a bit of tuition in how-not-to-let-her-have-her-way!
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/