Completely smitten!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Completely smitten!

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks Linda, we certainly think so! Lovely to see you back by the way {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

How is Lollie getting on, Jem?

Hope everything is going well and the biting/jumping has eased. We have now re-entered this stage. LOL
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Hi Gwen, things have really improved. She still gets quite jumpy/bitey when she doesn't get her own way but we are dealing with that and it is getting less & less frequent and she is easiky distracted from it thank goodness. She is certainly growing into a strong little madam with huuuge teeth! Nothing is safe from her gnashers - she has just annihilated hubby's leather belt, little minx! Still utterly adorable & very much part of the family {hug} Next week is our last training class but we have booked in for the follow-up course - expands on some of the exercises we have done & brings in a bit of agility training - can't wait!

I hope Teddy's latest phase doesn't last long - much more painful once they have grown up isn't it?! Has he grown into his ears yet, little cutie?
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Glad to hear that you are (think) you are in control. {rofwl}

Seriously, I am very pleased the biting/jumping has eased somewhat and hope it continues to improve.

Teddy is beginning to look, dare I say normal, re the ears and now measures from floor to withers 27". We are going through the gangly stage at the moment, but his appetite is good, he is gaining weight steadily and more importantly growing steadily, so alls good.

The testing time for him will be at the end of this month, Clare goes away for a week and moir will be the only one here apart from hubby, so will see how it goes. It will be a huge change for him though not seeing her, just hope he doesnt go off his food or anything silly. I feel more nervous about him than I did with any animals that I owned. LOL
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Hoorah! She was excellent this week - roll on 4th June when we start the next classes!

wendy

Post by wendy »

Yay )t'
Well done. She couldn't do it on her own.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks Wendy, shame she swallowed a training clicker after she got her certificate! We are in full on monitoring pooh mode in the hope that she passes it and we don't need to take her for an x-ray. Blooming labs, always wanting to eat what they shouldn't }hairout{
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh Gawd !!!! {rofwl} {rofwl}

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Congrats on the certificate/rossette, well done to both of you. )t'

I hope the clicker passes through soon and you dont need any vet visits. Fingers firmly crossed here. {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Still no sign of the clicker. She threw her tea up last night and at 4am threw up some bile and then passed a stone in her poo! She likes to eat stones and pebbles and we have such a job getting them off her (training is ongoing for this!).

Rang the vet this morning and we took her in for an x-ray. They rang mid-morning to say the clicker was there as well as 4-5 stones so they have kept her in to operate. They will keep her in for 2-3 days to monitor her. Hoping for a phone call this afternoon to let us know how it has gone and really hoping we can go and see her, if not tonight then tomorrow. We are so worried, she seems like such a little thing to be undergoing such a big op, my poor little baby! {cry} Will keep you posted >fi<
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Just had a phone call from the vet. Lollie is out of theatre and has woken up & lifted her head but still very sleepy. She is on pain relief and antibiotics and has an intravenous drip for fluids. The clicker, 2 bits of plastic and some stones were removed from her stomach but more worryingly, there were 2 stones in her colon which weren't being pushed through so they had to cut in and remove those too. Apparently it was good timing that we got her in today as this could have made her very ill in no time at all.

We will get an update tonight and tomorrow and we can arrange a time to go in and see her tomorrow. The house feels so empty without her {cry} She won't be released until at least Monday so it's going to be a horrible weekend!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Oh dear, how worrying.

How will you stop here doing it again?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh dear the ties I hear this. Often with sock or tights though.
Now they are all out she will recover well.
Got to be really vigilant keeping things out of her way, now. A friend whose dog was operated on twice for stones. Ended up taking him out in a Baskerville muzzle.

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

We have made a start on laying a brick path to cover up the worst area in the garden that we have fenced off so that should really help. We will just have to be very vigilant when out and about. We have spoken to the vets and all is well so far - we will ring in the morning for an update and to see when we can go in to see her. It feels very weird here without her {cry}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Gees, Jem, only just read this, poor little Lollie and you of course. {hug} {hug} {hug}

I am sure she will recover well. {hug} {hug}