Completely smitten!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Completely smitten!

Post by jemberelli »

Rang the vet this morning. Lollie had a comfortable night but this morning once everyone was awake she was very bouncy, wanting to get out and got quite fretful. They said not to go in and see her as she has calmed down again now and seeing us might wind her up again. They are going to try her with some food later today and if she keeps it down she might be able to come home tomorrow. >fi< >fi< >fi<
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Ahh, bless her little cotton socks. Hopefully by now you will know if she has kept the food down and that she will be coming home tomorrow. {hug} {hug} {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

No news yet so still >fi<
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Aww Jem ..poor Lollie, and you. {hug} Hope you get good news soon.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

These mischevious pups certainly know how to worry us dont they Jemma {hug}

Lots of Love and Healing wishes for a speedy recvery for Lollies body and your nerves {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thank you for you comments, it's always lovely knowing fellow Laners are there for you when things are rubbish! Lollie has had a good day, almost too lively we were told! She has eaten a couple of bowls of food and, assuming the vet signs her off on his rounds in the morning, we should have her home by lunch time! >fi< So excited, this house has only had a little pup for 4 months but feels so empty now without her!
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Brilliant news, Jem, it really is. )t' {hug}

I will be out a fair bit tomorrow, pricing up jobs, but will sign in as soon as I get back to read the good news.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

She's home! We picked her up at 10.30am. She was so excited to see us (and us her!). Poor little thing is whimpering in pain and weeing every few minutes but happy to be home. She is taking a while to settle down but I suppose she just wants to check that everything is where it should be now that she is back! Her scar is almost the full length of her tummy, poor little thing and we have a lampshade to stop her from licking the wound in the night. She has 3 lots of antibiotics and we will feed her bland food 4 times a day for the next few days. Back on Tuesday for a check up. Thanks all for your support {hug}

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I am soooo glad she is back home where she belongs, I bet she was wondering what the heck had happened, bless her.
{hug} {hug} {hug}
So glad too that the scar length is big, they obviously did a good job and were not going to leave anything that shouldnt have been left, a HUGE well done to your vet. Seems like you have a good one there, Jem.
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Crikey, am sitting here tonight catching up on what going on DTL!!

She'll be happier at home, I am sure. Its amazing the number of weird items that dogs eat. Weirdest thing I've seen come out of a dog's digestive tract is a dog that ate a couple of pine cones, a condom and head off a doll - vet gave the owner a plastic bag full of the bits - don't know how condom was explained.

A dog once went in to our vet hospital having eaten a metal scouring pad and a large chunk of aluminium foil - not a good result as dog's bowel was perforated beyond repair. :?
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

How is Lollie this morning, Jem? I hope you all had a peaceful and uneventful night. {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Blimey Bluebell, I thought Lollie's tum was full of rubbish but that dog takes the biscuit!

Gwen, thanks for asking {hug} Lollie had a great night's sleep, better than me because try as we might, she will not let us put the lampshade over her head! She slept with us and I kept waking up to make sure she wasn't licking her wound! I am a light sleeper anyway so it didn't matter. She has shown very little interest in it so touch wood it stays that way. She has certainly got her appetite back and is pretty much back to her normal self today! So pleased she is recuperating so well )t'
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Fantastic, just what I wanted to hear. )t'
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Only just caught up with this Jem

So glad she is now on the mend, what a worry for you {hug} {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks Lucy, she seems to be going from strength to strength and is as mischievious today as ever, under my eagle eye of course!!