Cat still hasn't popped....

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Willow
Legendary Laner

kitten videos

Post by Willow »

Hi, I've added a couple of video's to the kitten album... If anyone is not sick and tired of kittens yet, could they have a peek and let me know if it works?? Ta x
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

just tried them willow!

they work and are very cute!

katx
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Are the gingers usually so laid-back?
PK
Lively Laner

Post by PK »

That is one tolerant mum with that scrap going on!
wendy

Post by wendy »

How sweet.
Like we said, Mum knows when to intervene and when to let them get on with it.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

The ones that realy do scrap are the 'tinies' because they are the ones who have had to fight for a nipple from day one.. the bigger Kittens just bulldoze their way in - no need for a scrap.. The light red and the black boys are so laid back its untrue.
Tiny tortie loves the juices of mums kitten food and tries to eat my little finger when Its been dipped into it..
Does anyone know where I can get kitten food in tins? The only ones I can find are whiskas and felix, both in sachets and both 'chunks' in gravy / jelly...
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
melons
Legendary Laner

little babies

Post by melons »

wow they're beautiful I could watch those all day :-D
Have they all got new parents yet?
Cheers
mel x
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Hi Mel.. Two or three still looking for homes, but I'm not paniking as they wont be leaving us till they're 8 weeks anyway..
I'd rather keep them than let them go to homes I'm unsure about... Cant understand these people who advertise 'free kittens' in shop windows or newspapers.. dont they care? (or do we care too much??)

Albert Einstein
melons
Legendary Laner

kitties

Post by melons »

You can never care too much, they're your babies as much as their mummy's.
Takes me right back to Daisy's baby days :-D
We already had 3 cats when I was given the two kittens, so I thought I'd re-home them once they were old enough, yeah right! but especially once her little brother died, that was it.... I said to Darran "I'm prepared to go to war with you to keep this kitten"
re-homing was never mentioned again, he is such a saint, or I'm a spoilt brat, I'll let you decide :-D
Cheers
mel x
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Well I took Tigger to the vet this morning as she is painfully thin - alert, shiney, eating like a horse but thin....
The outcome is that she is absolutely fine but needs to stop force feeding her babies!! Well I suppose forcefeeding is a slight overstatement but it isnt that far off... The jnrs are on solids and dont chase mum at all, but mum will come into the room even when the jnrs are fast asleep , and wake them with her calling so she can feed them!! She has just got to stop sais the vet, mind you I can feel for her if she is full of milk and isnt allowed to feed, it will be painfull - so I'm to let her in with the babies at night and keep them sepperated during the day.. and I'm also to rehome them a week early to give her a break, even though she doesnt want one... So it looks as though three poss. four of my little ones will be going to their new homes this weekend.. :( :cry:

Albert Einstein
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Cor, what you women go through!!

Only just seen the video (sorry) - excellant reproduction, even worked on my 74 year old laptop!

Glad it's all going well.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

The 'super mum' Tigger is realy doing it 'natures way'.... she's now bringing in a regular supply of mice and shrews or voles for the kittens to practice on... not very pleasant but natures way I suppose, I had to take on off one of the kittens the other day and he was not too chuffed with me at all!!! :shock: :( )chu:

Albert Einstein
melons
Legendary Laner

you'll miss those babies

Post by melons »

Oh what a fab mum she has been, but the babies will just suckle for ever, Daisy still suckles my fingers, so I presume if she'd still had a real cat mum who allowed it, she'd still suckle that too :shock: & she's five next month.
We'll all miss the babies when there's no more posts :cry:
Cheers
mel x
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Awwww thanks Mel... the three left are the ones staying with us - also the ones I can thank for not being able to wear skirts because my legs now look as though I've been plowing through brambles in shorts!! They are in , on , and up everything constantly ... Unless they are asleep, during which time sanity sort of returns and we dont have to watch every single step incase we boot a kitten across the room... (no it hasnt happened yet, but more through luck than judgement).. :shock: I wouldnt have missed a single moment of the past 8 weeks though, (except having to give four away... that was hard) and yes they are still suckling.. we dont know how to stop them , it seems wrong to lock Tigger away from her jnrs as she is such a superb mum... but she's got to be spayed asap....

Albert Einstein
wendy

Post by wendy »

Great to hear she is still being a good Mum. Better for your mental health when she and the babies are neutered. Having littlies around was always a worry I found.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning