Does This Make you Angry??

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
stace
Legendary Laner

Does This Make you Angry??

Post by stace »

Polar Bear

I have just watched this on channel 4 (Shows a dead animal)

You know what this man had a house full of trophys!

He now thinks he is famous!

In his home he had animals stuffed that he had killed over his years of being a hunter!His Words!..."ONCE A HUNTER ALWAYS A HUNTER"

Personally i find it Disgusting! ... What do you think???

stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

hi stace (f+ (f+ (f+

it is very bad )de: )de:

why do they have to kill them to find this out?

jo x
mum of 5,nanny to 2,2 cats,1 jack russell,6 chickens and a hubby.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

If you have to hunt and kill animals to survive then so be it - but NOT for fun or any other reason )ang
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I dont know...
On the one hand I dont understand people who go big game hunting. I certainly would not want a whole load of dead things looking at me in my house.
But is is very different to me going fishing in summer?? OK, I eat or throw back, but I dont do it from necessity. I don't "need" to fish to survive but I enjoy it and getting a good dinner out of it is a bonus.
Then there are people like my uncle - he was a game keeper on an estate and used to shoot foxes because of the damamge they did to his pheasants, and pigeons and rabbits because of the damage the did to crops. But he never shot at a fox unless he knew he could get a clean shot, and every rabbit and pigeon ended up in someone's pot. I think there are lots of different sides to the hunting argument - I certainly dont agree with it for pure "sport" as I dont see the "sport" in it....
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Just to say, I think the whole hunting thing, the wanton killing - attacking - injuring - of any animal for sport, fun, or personal pleasure, is absolutely vile.

Ilona
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Think I should clarify - I dont get fishing purely for sport either. While I dont strictly "need" to fish in order to survive, I only go when I know I am going to eat what I catch. I could just buy some fish but sometimes it's nice to go tot he shore and see what I can provide for myself, and yes, that part of it is enjoyable. I think there is a difference between that and deliberately going out to kill an animal when your only objective is to kill the animal.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Not meaning to have a go at anyone, sorry Babycakes, people do as they please, thinking about raising birds just to blast them out of the skies, fox hunting purely for the fun of dressing up and charging around the countryside, the list goes on. My own opinion, I have to deal with my own sadness at the plight of these unfortunate victims, I am responsible for my own feelings.

Ilona
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I didnt thinkyou were having a go, just sometimes I dont get the right words out to convey what I mean properly. Also find it h ard on forums as you dont have the benefit of tone of voice, facial expressions, body language etc. so sometimes my meaning gets a bit lost somewhere in cyberspace
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

I must admit that I don't think of fishing as a blood sport.

To me, a blood sport is wanton cruelty with people taking pleasure in the maiming and death of the animal concerned.

I don't expect anyone to agree, it is a personal choice, unless you are the animal, of course.
Jackie xx
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

We have just come back from holiday, the first half which was spent horse riding on a game reserve in SA. For two months of the year they have 'trophy hunters. Now I don't understand at all the point of killing something for the sake of it BUT. The money made by these hunters helps keeps the price down for people like me. The important part is that the game is frozen and cooked and is delicious (sp). In fact the whole of the animal is used in some way.
Without this the land would probably be used for something else which wouldn't cater for the animals.

Fox hunting served a valuable service to the countryside and the fox is now far worse of.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

All I can say is that he must be sooo bored that he has to resort to such idiotic behaviour to get a fix!!! Maybe he should get some medication, maybe exlax would slow him down!! :shock:
Looove chucks!
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

I have been to canada 3 times, lots of people seem to hunt over there!

Its strange but i dont see fishing as hunting?? Perhaps thats just me? but when i see a beautiful animal covered in blood, and someone stood with their leg on them holdling a rifle it makes me sick!

People hunt to eat i know that, but to kill a bear, lion, thats a diff story!

And how people can pay to go off and do this is beyond me!

All my personal feelings though )t'

stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Misty, I am gob smacked, :shock: I may have got this wrong, but, are you saying that you don't mind if they have 2 months of killing animals in SA, because you can have a cheaper holiday? :? confused>

Ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Well, that is an improvement on just killing safaris
I suppose it's a way of phasing out the game hunting, while still keeping the use of the land economic.
Lets hope it is phased down to nothing.

Same as buying free range eggs but 'hoping for the best ' when you buy cakes. And hoping that as it becomes more the thing that everyone does, standards improve.

No-one can make the world perfect, overnight.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I can sort of understand why places like game reserves in Africa exist. (and just because I understand something does not automatically make me agree with it) On the face of it, it's a horrible, barbaric thing to do. But sometimes I wonder, what would happen without the reserve, and hunting licences, and controls, and supervision?? If it was open land, would any of the animals be safe?? Perhaps it is worth the sacrifice of a few to save the species as a whole?? In an ideal world no-one would hunt for sport, but it's not utopia, it's reality, there will always be those who hunt for sport or for more sinister reasons such as illegal ivory and skins etc. The revenue and the awareness of the issues generated from small-scale controlled hunting may be what is keeping a lot more animals alive than if there was free for all hunting.
(As it goes I can't imagine why anyinw would choose to spend their spare time shooting such beautiful creatures. They are much nicer looking when they're running round the place)